To welcome all people, empowering them to have a passionate relationship with God, for the purpose of transforming their lives, their community, and their world.
- Diversity: We effectively minister to people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Excellence: We strive to demonstrate a “Spirit of Excellence” in all we do.
- Generosity: We are consistently generous in the giving of our time, talent, and treasure.
- Growth: We continuously grow and develop, both individually and corporately.
- Relationship: We value relationship with Christ, our families, each other and our community.
The Video Producer / Editor is capable in all areas of production. From pre-production (creative conception, storyboards/shot lists/scripting) production (camera operation, sound recording, lighting and coaching/directing) to post-production
(editing, color correction/footage processing and rendering), as well as maintaining equipment and project file management.
The primary workload revolves around producing 30s-1m spots highlighting events and classes that the church offers. Additionally you will be compiling the videos into a 3-5m twice weekly announcement video with bumpers and transitions. Most of the spots
involve either filming a subject or creating a motion graphic that promotes and informs the viewer of the events/classes. Other work involves producing testimony videos, sermon aids, etc.. Also you will be required to film special events and special services.
This position reports directly to the Marketing Director.
- Research production and equipment needs; develop scope and budget projections.
- Create an overall vision for a project based on ministries request, as well as write scripts as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule staff, volunteers, subjects (talent) and other parties required for field shoots.
- Assist in the pre-production creative process, including offering ideas and providing input.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Directing/Producing video shoots at the church and on location.
- Coach the subjects as needed during the video capture process.
- Camera operator for video shoots, worship services and events.
- Assist as needed during shoots.
- Capturing video footage.
- Oversee and carry out post production from edit, to color correction, to final delivery.
- Animate motion graphics for use in post-production video or standalone video.
- Coordinate with Marketing Director to maintain and upload media to online video accounts, including YouTube and Vimeo.
- Inspire, train and lead volunteer team members by teaching skills, techniques and processes.
- Collaboration with team to advance media production capabilities.
- Collaboration of creative ideas for sermon series, worship services and events.
- Actively maintain awareness and education of the latest trends, techniques and tools related to post production.
- Maintaining all historical video assets.
- Apply technical experience to make recommendations regarding shoot composition, lighting and audio through the use of production equipment.
- Complete projects on time and efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality
- Uphold a high level of professionalism.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as required by the Marketing Director.
- Various other technical and production needs of the church.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Mature Christian believer, with a passion for people.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Oversee and drive the entire video process from beginning to end.
- Must be able to dream, and develop creative video for ministries as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film or Communications or a minimum of 2 years production experience.
- Highly skilled with DSLR video shooting practices and manual prime lenses. (Sony A7S II)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. (Particularly After Effects and Photoshop)
- Skilled with a wide range of NLEs. (Specifically Premiere and Vegas Pro)
- Good with grading and footage processing. (Using LUTs, Speedgrade/Lumetri, Davinci Resolve)
- Knowledge of codecs and current compression standards. (h.264, Cineform)
- Photo editing skills are a plus.
- Proven working experience in video editing.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity etc.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Demo reel displaying a variety of skills and techniques.
- Professional appearance and conduct.
- Commitment to and passion for excellence.
- Called to use your creative skill set in ministry.
- Thick skin to receive pushback and direction in the pursuit of the best idea.
Average Hours/Week: 40-45
Status: Full Time
Location: Grace Christian Center- Killeen, TX
Reports To: Marketing Director
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a resume and link to your demo reel. Submissions received without a demo reel will not be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees.
Grace Christian Center Leadership reserves the right to revise the position, its job functions, minimum qualifications and other aspects of the position in any way at any time.