Cornerstone Church Midwest City, OK 73130
Church Size: 750-1,000
Job Description: Lead Audio Engineer (FOH) / Technical Arts Associate.
Job Type: Full time (average 36 hours per week)
Salary: 25-32K annually
Job Summary: The foundation for success of the Cornerstone mission and vision is our people. It is Cornerstone’s goal to have a workforce that is representative of our world’s diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
Purpose of position: To assist in the fulfillment of the Cornerstone vision through the use and support of Audio, Social media, Visual and Multi-Media equipment, products and services.
Reports to: Technical Arts Director.
Relates closely with: Pastoral Staff, Technical Arts Director, Technical Arts Ministry Volunteers and Worship Team.
1. Recruit, train, schedule and oversee Audio Ministry Team and Stage Crew for all weekend and mid-week services, Catalyst Youth services and events, men’s and women's ministry events, training classes and conferences and special events as scheduled.
2. Oversee the operation of all Cornerstone audio equipment throughout campus facilities with primary emphasis on sound systems located in the main, youth and children’s auditoriums.
3. Oversee the set-up, operation, maintenance and installation of any required audio equipment and systems needed to support Cornerstone operations. This includes both legacy and future systems as required.
4. Oversee stage set-up and tear-down of all audio and musical equipment and instruments for all functions in our main, youth and children’s auditoriums. This would include all microphones, amplifiers, stage monitors, in-ear monitors, drums, keyboards etc..
5. Oversee the operation of FOH sound system, monitor sound quality and audio stream making corrections as necessary to maintain / achieve optimum sound.
The Sound We Are Striving For: Our style of music is mostly derived from rock and folk. Most of the time it is guitar driven. We prefer a full-bodied sound with crisp “highs” and a full, fat bass. “Muddiness” is the enemy. Vocals should be even in the mix compared to the band (50/50) with the worship leaders vocals predominant.
6. Oversee the recording of all main services as well as any other services or functions required to be recorded. This will involve the production and cataloging of Master tapes, CDs, DVDs, and/or mini-discs, burning CDs and providing quality reference copies to the tape department for mass duplication.
7. Assist Technical Arts Director (Video / Multi-Media Ministry) with additional task as assigned.
8. Track inventory, document warranties, and keep maintenance records of all Cornerstone audio equipment.
9. Manage and engage our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Vimeo) as a form of social ministry and advertisement for the body of Cornerstone Church.
10. Is competent or has experience in shooting video, graphic design and basic video editing. Experience with the software After Effects, photoshop and Premiere would be a plus.
•Previous experience with FOH preferably in church environment.
•Minimum of 3-5 years in a church / venue seating 500 or more.
•Must posses strong people skills and the ability to lead people and manage programs and equipment.
•Ability to work well / communicate with staff and volunteers.
•Knowledgeable and experienced in audio-visual / multi-media equipment installation, operation and maintenance.
•Ability to recruit, train and develop volunteers into dynamic Audio Ministry Team members and leaders.
•Ability to follow instruction and delegate task and assignments.
•Born Again and Spirit Filled Christian (John 3, Acts 13)
•Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Cornerstone (Matthew 25:21)
•Be very experienced with social media advertising and implementation, Search engine optimization (SEO) and general online ministry forums.
•Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Cornerstone Church
•Serve at management level, which demonstrates a high degree of loyalty to the senior pastor and ministry staff.
•Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
•Willing to embrace the doctrine, vision, and ministry of Cornerstone Church.
•Must possess a strong desire to grow spiritually, in the discipline of sound and media, and as leader.
•Must have a servant’s heart and a desire for excellence in all assigned tasks.
•Must be punctual, organized and self motivate
Benefits to person:
Positive working environment, paid time off.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Design AssistantSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 28
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
OUR PURPOSE Worship - Creating God moments for people to engage and encounter God Grow - Equipping and encouraging people to fulfill their God-given potential. Others - Reaching the unsaved and the unchurched. Unconditional Love - Keeping Jesus as our example. Youth and Children - Successfully passing the torch to the next generation church. Community - Vibrant relationships "doing life together" as a church family. Givers not Takers - Extravagant givers partnering with God to reproduce Christ in others. More...