POSITION TITLE(s): Communication / Production Director
LOCATION: Dayton, OH
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Non-Denominational (Independent Christian Churches)
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 500-1000
We offer a unique opportunity for a dynamic leader to join us at a very exciting time. We are a healthy and growing church, currently about 500-600 people. Over the last 3 years we have been working through a substantial church relocation and building project. Our new setting, visibility, and facilities presents a high likelihood for substantial growth in the very near future. In preparation for this we have retooled every ministry with in our church. We plan to launch our 'new' church at our new location in the Fall 2016.
There are two parts to this position with different job functions. Research has shown that these positions can be filled by one individual. However, we are encouraging individuals that have one skill set but not the other to still apply.
Our church is down-to-earth and friendly. We have a knack for reaching new people and love trying new things. We enjoy taking risks and jump on new possibilities. We believe God has blessed this by giving our church such an amazing opportunity. We are searching and praying for a Communication / Production Director who shares this kind of passion and wants to join us on this journey. Our mission is "to see lives restored through Jesus." We are looking for the right man or woman who wants to see this happen.
Our new church is being built at the crossroads of I-70 and I-675 just north of Dayton, Ohio. This location offers the possibility for the selected candidate to relocate into either an urban, suburban, or rural area. If you want to live in 'small town America' you can, or if you prefer living in the city, it's only a 20 minute drive. The cost of living is low. Two of the larger Ohio cities (Columbus and Cincinnati) are only a one-hour drive away. Dayton is known as an outdoor recreation destination, and some of the nation's best Amusement Parks are just a drive away.
This position offers a great opportunity for a visionary, experienced, leader to serve God in a friendly church and community.
COMMUNICATION DIRECTOR ROLE
Directs the Communications Team to communicate and promote RPC’s mission, vision, values, strategy, and core initiatives. This position strategically oversees the creation, management, and monitoring of all communications to the congregation at RPC, as well as all external communications, through various channels (including website, social media, print materials, advertisements, videos).
- Works with the RPC Admin/Leadership Team to set direction for all communication (both internal and external) by creating and initiating communications strategies, systems, and policies. (Website to be used as primary communication to congregation as well as to the public, with additional methods of communication to support, including but not limited to any printed materials, social media, video screens, signage, phone apps, etc.)
- Collaborates with ministry leaders, staff, and volunteers to plan and implement their communications projects and major initiatives.
- Promotions - Design & execute local marketing strategy and promotional materials to target audiences in the community, consistent with identified key directions for congregational growth using the most applicable and effective mediums. (Develop system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to RPC. Create communication strategies to market, inform and promote teaching series, big events and other campaigns as assigned. Oversee all written materials related to promotions.)
- Online and Social Networking Presence – to maintain up-to-date/real-time news and information. (Proactively lead efforts to create and maintain impactful digital communications strategies, including an effective web presence and management of ongoing social media messaging (including style/presence, search engines, and new technology) to build an audience of followers.)
- Brand Strategy and Management – to create and maintain consistency of all messaging and materials. (Serve as the brand manager to articulate the identity, culture and vision of RPC with consistent high-quality branding in content and graphics presentation. Lead all efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness. Ensure adherence by all ministry areas to established design guidelines/standards.)
- Communications Department Management – to manage an effective and efficient team (Cultivate, equip and encourage a team of communications staff and volunteers (writers, photographers, designers and consultants), and collaborate with contractors/vendors, clergy and staff to accomplish communications goals. Develop effective processes, define priorities, oversee project work flows and manage the approved budget. Serve as a consultant on key initiatives and projects, brainstorming creative communication resources and ideas to further ministry-specific initiatives and outcomes.)
- Quality Assurance – to produce the highest quality output possible.(Assure excellence in all aspects of written, broadcast and electronic communications through intentional, concise and careful writing, design, editing, proofreading and production.)
- Media and Community Relations – to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with local media and community organizations.(Develop an understanding of key media outlets, opportunities, trends and partnering resources in the local communities to build bridges and create maximum exposure for RPC through leveraging non-paid advertising.)
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years in communications management and development in Church or Corporate environment. Bachelor’s degree in communication or marketing a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of available and emergent communication channels including web, social media, print, media/PR, copy writing, graphic design, video and displays.
- Strong awareness of current & emergent trends in design.
- Extensive knowledge of design related software including Adobe and Microsoft products.
- Proficient with basic design skills to create/edit graphics and print collateral for our basic design needs.
- Able to direct contract graphic designers for our advanced graphic needs.
- A rich understanding of social media, its benefits, drawbacks, and strategies for its utilization to communicate effectively to our church and to the world.
- Experience overseeing website media.
- Experience in managing people and projects.
- Experience in website and electronic media design and development and oversight.
- Interpersonal, networking and supervisory skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to plan, organize and multitask in a deadline intensive environment.
- Command of the English language, proper style, usage and punctuation.
- Passionate about serving the Lord and partnering with ministries to maximize opportunities to spread the gospel through appropriate communications strategy.
- Collaborative, diplomatic leader who works well with diverse team dynamics, and is comfortable and confident making difficult decisions while managing expectations.
- Coachable and teachable with the ability to receive critical feedback and make adjustments accordingly.
- Extremely organized, result driven individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who effectively contributes to a multi diversified leadership team.
- Ability to initiate and support innovation with creativity, openness, flexibility and future focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with purpose to a variety of audiences.
PRODUCTION DIRECTOR ROLE
The purpose of this position is to support the Spirit Restored (SR) Ministries by providing an environment on Sunday morning in which everyone has the opportunity to receive spiritual restoration through a personal encounter with Jesus. The Production Director needs to have a strong background in live AVL Engineering/Production and the ability to direct a team of volunteers in all production elements for our Sunday Adult Services (SAS). Extensive training in Audio Engineering is preferred. The Production Director will work alongside the Music Director and report to the SR Lead.
The Production Director will also be responsible for all post-production and editing of SAS media content which may include but not limited to sermon audio/video, music audio and uploading sermon to church website. Production Director is responsible for overseeing all production elements of RPC throughout the week, supporting RPC ministries in the area of production and AVL.
1 Understand and operate within the Spirit Restored Mission while contributing to the Vision for Restoration Park Church.
2 Report directly to SR Lead; work alongside Music Director.
3 Develop and Lead volunteer Production Teams (Audio, Video, and Lighting, Stage-Crew, Camera, Pre- and Post- production) as a growing ministry within RPC
4 Complete any special projects, as requested by SR Lead.
5 Assist Restoration Stories Team in production elements (emphasis on film/video).
1 Oversee production components for RPC events
2 Direct volunteer team for Production elements of Sunday Adult Services @ RPC
3 Recruit and train volunteer team to fulfill Production Ministry responsibilities
4 Participate in weekly preparation for SAS’s including oversight of AVL elements during rehearsals, participation in weekly Service Planning Team meeting, etc.
5 Maintain and upgrade all software and hardware of AVL elements as necessary
6 Oversee and maintain proper care for all AVL and SR tech equipment.
7 Oversee set-up and tear-down of AVL equipment for RPC events
8 Oversee Postproduction elements for SAS’s (eg. uploading service content onto the web)
9 Point of Contact for facility use as pertains to AVL spaces and equipment; and/or production support for non-SR related events
1 Invest spiritually in volunteers
2 As Ministry Lead, assist other RPC ministries when necessary
3 Continually work to honor Jesus in all areas of life
4 Display integrity and represent church well outside of work environment
Education and Experience
- 2-4 years experience preferred working with production technology in a church environment or other organization.
- Experience with the most recent production technology required to fulfill ministry needs, (preferred emphasis on live AVL experience). This includes but is not limited to: stage presentation, FOH live mixing, recording message content and live music, editing, postproduction, operating lighting systems and developing sequences, projection, acoustics, live camera techniques, and video editing.
- Degree(s) and/or training courses within Media/Tech field are a plus
- Experience and maturity to lead volunteer teams
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Early Childhood AssociateWooddale Church
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- September 23
First Baptist Church of Jackson - Preschool MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jackson, Mississippi
- September 22
Hospitality CoordinatorChristian Life Center
- Dayton, Ohio
- September 22
Antioch Christian Church - Children's PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Marion, Iowa
- September 22
BridgePoint Bible Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 22