The Senior Pastor has the primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and the sustaining of biblical doctrines of Hollis Center Baptist Church. In addition, the Senior Pastor is also responsible for discipling and equipping the saints for ministry. The Senior Pastor is under the direction of, works closely with, and is a member of the Board of Elders of Hollis Center Baptist Church.
Who We Are
Hollis Center Baptist Church is an independent Baptist church that is about to celebrate its 100th year in ministry. Established in 1917, Hollis Center Baptist Church has consistently been a light to the community. Hollis Center Baptist Church exists to glorify God by winning people to Jesus Christ, helping people grow as Christians, and equipping God's people to reach out to our community and the world to spread the good news everywhere!
Who You Are
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with the biblical leadership qualifications of an overseer described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of Hollis Center Baptist Church.
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at Hollis Center Baptist Church.
- Strong in biblical preaching and expository preaching.
- History of faithful ministry experience.
- A bachelor’s degree is required while an advanced degree (M.A./M.Div) is preferred.
- Has maintained regular and disciplined personal worship, Bible study and prayer.
- We prefer a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Pastor (with multiple staff) of a church with 150 + attendance.
- Pastoral Counseling - confidence and discretion in giving Biblical counsel. Certification in Biblical Counseling (ACBC) is a plus.
- Evangelism - consistent, courageous, fruitful practice of sharing the Gospel.
- Structured/intentional outreach to the community.
Preaching / Teaching
This facet of the job requires that the Senior Pastor be an outstanding communicator in accurately taking biblical truth and providing avenues of application that the congregation understands.
Working with the board of elders, ministry staff and church members, the Senior Pastor is to provide leadership in fulfilling the great commission and the great commandment in the immediate community and around the world.
All paid personnel are accountable to the Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor shall promote spiritual growth and professional development for the ministry staff.
The Senior Pastor is expected to provide godly leadership while protecting the spiritual well-being and providing opportunities for growth in Christ likeness for all.
Since the Senior Pastor position is a front-line position and is the most recognizable of all personnel positions in the church, it is expected that the Senior Pastor regularly interact with the community at large and the congregation specifically.
- The Senior Pastor is accountable, first and foremost, to God and His Word, and secondly to the board of Elders and the membership of Hollis Center Baptist Church.
- He will maintain and enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities related to this position description through necessary means of continuing education.
- This position, and the job description, will be evaluated annually.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor Lead ElderFaith Community Church
- Debary, Florida
- September 25
Community Church of East Williston - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- East Williston, New York
- September 23
EvFree Fullerton - Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Fullerton, California
- September 23
Senior PastorGrace Chapel
- Ballston Lake, New York
- September 22
BridgePoint Bible Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 22
Hollis Center Baptist Church
Hollis Center Baptist Church is an independent Baptist church that is about to celebrate its 100th year in ministry. Established in 1917, Hollis Center Baptist Church has consistently been a light to the community. Hollis Center Baptist Church exists to glorify God by winning people to Jesus Christ, helping people grow as Christians, and equipping God's people to reach out to our community and the world to spread the good news everywhere! More...