Creative Arts at Warsaw Community Church primarily encompasses the planning, execution, and evaluation of all weekend services for adults, as well as other ministry events. Staff and volunteers who serve in Creative Arts partner together to lead and create unforgettable, engaging worship environments week over week through worship music, production, and other relevant, artistic moments that point attendees to a timeless God. The Worship Leader will serve Warsaw Community Church as a vibrant leader who plans and implements engaging, encouraging, and inspiring worship experiences, primarily for adults during weekend services. The Worship Leader must have an authentic heart for life-change and discipleship.
- In a healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, fully understanding and embracing the mission, vision, and values of Warsaw Community Church
- College degree and previous church ministry and performing arts experience.
- Thorough knowledge of and giftedness in music, skilled both vocally and instrumentally (guitar and/or piano preferred)
- Strategic thinker and decision-maker with an “all-things-intentional” mindset
- Highly organized, possessing a close attention to detail
- Computer literate, being proficient in navigating a web-based environment (e.g. Google Drive), as well as Mac OS X and Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate knowledge in Ableton Live, Pro Presenter, and Planning Center Online
- Ability to work in a flexible, adaptable team environment
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication
This full-time, salaried, pastoral position requires 40-45 hours a week to perform within a flexible working week. Hours are to be fulfilled at the Warsaw Community Church Main Campus, and work schedules are to be established with the Director of Creative Arts. Weekend and evening hours will be necessary at times to accommodate ministry needs.
- Build and cultivate a healthy volunteer worship team, activating and mobilizing volunteer leaders for ministry
- Build individual relationships with worship team volunteers, encouraging their spiritual, relational and musical development
- Seek out and create opportunities for volunteer worship team development (workshops, get-togethers, etc.)
- Continuously foster a discipleship culture in which volunteer leaders are equipped and empowered to shepherd and disciple other volunteers
- Lead or co-lead singing and worship during weekend services and other primary ministry functions and events (mid-week gatherings, age-level summer camp, etc.)
- Function as the staff point person and band leader on stage during singing and worship, whether being the primary worship leader or co-leading alongside other volunteer worship leaders
- Continually pursue a high standard of excellence and intentionality in weekend service planning and execution
- Research, arrange, and purposefully implement worship music that is aligned with WCC’s mission, vision, and values, and that supports the teaching content within the weekend service
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with the teaching pastor(s) in order to create cohesive, weekly worship experiences
- Collaborate with Director of Creative Arts and Programming Team on weekend service programming, elements, transitions, etc.
- Work closely with the Technical Arts Director to develop production environments that support and align with the lyrical and musical content of each weekend’s song selection
- Work closely with the Creative Arts Administrator on the process of new volunteer recruitment and assimilation, as well as the scheduling and re-scheduling of current worship volunteers
- Facilitate auditions for those interested in serving on the worship band, following up with each candidate, giving clear next steps
- Prepare worship song lyric arrangements within weekly Pro Presenter playlists
- Create and distribute accurate chord charts and audio files to weekend volunteers in a timely manner using Planning Center Online
- Create and arrange supplemental and supporting tracks and sequences for worship songs using Ableton Live
- Continually develop as a leader through purposeful, self- and organization-initiated spiritual and professional development opportunities
- Attend and participate in required organizational meetings with appropriate preparation and follow-up, including weekly department meeting and Creative Team meeting
- Attend and participate in WCC’s Staff Small Groups and Equipping the Church for spiritual development
- Regularly communicate with WCC leadership, ministry leaders, and volunteers, promptly responding to e-mail, phone calls, etc. and following up as needed
- Collaborate with Director of Creative Arts on worship and music budgetary needs, both capital and operational
- Perform regular pastoral duties in conjunction with the WCC pastoral staff (e.g. Pastor On-Call)
- Assist with various tasks and projects
In addition to letter of interest, resume, references, etc. please include the following:
- Recent video of candidate leading worship (within past 90 days)
- Vimeo or YouTube link (no DVDs, please)
- At least two songs—please include any verbal transitions
- Live setting with a full band
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Campus Worship Leader - part-timeMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 17
Director of Praise and Worship MusicWeddington United Methodist
- Weddington, North Carolina
- January 17
Warsaw Community Church
In 1993 Warsaw Community Church began out of a vision and passion to provide a relevant and grace-filled environment where people come to know just how much God loves them. By God’s hand and blessing we’ve grown from 150 people meeting in an elementary school to a couple thousand people gathering in two locations in Kosciusko County and Marshall County (check out our new sister campus, Plymouth Community Church in Plymouth, Indiana) Warsaw Community Church (and Plymouth Community Church) exist to help people explore who God is, grow in thei More...