Lead Pastor, Gateway North
***ONLY APPLICANTS THAT APPLY DIRECTLY AT GATEWAYCHURCH.COM/EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED - DO NOT SUBMIT THROUGH CHURCHSTAFFING***
We're looking for a catalytic leader with a servant's heart to lead others from lost-to-leading. Is that you?
Gateway Church has three locations across Austin, Texas. The Lead Pastor for Gateway North will be responsible for embracing and championing Gateway’s mission to “help unchurched people become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ followers”
at our North Austin location. The lead pastor will model the values of Gateway Church and will be an articulate advocate and communicator for the vision of Gateway Church.
The Lead Pastor will manage 30 staff members and be responsible for the spiritual development of staff, volunteer leaders and the church body at their location, under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Lead annual Gateway North location strategic plan goals in alignment with Gateway’s overall strategic plan
- Account for Key Performance Indicators each month, i.e. Inspire attendance for adults and kids, Baptisms, Connection to Life Groups, Serving, Commissioned and Giving
- Create and maintain alignment with the Mission, Vision, Values and quality of Best Practices across ministries - including Arts, Next Gen, Grow/Serve, Restore, Guest Services & Facilities & Office Management, for the greatest impact to our North Austin
- Develop strategic opportunities to engage unchurched people within the community by mobilizing our church body to reach their neighbors and co-workers
- Co-lead Gateway’s staff Leadership Team along with all other Leadership Team members – each member is collectively responsible for setting the strategy for Gateway’s vision and identifying correlative KPI’s
- Act as a catalyst for new initiatives in support of Gateway’s vision
- Enlist (and grow) a missional core team of leaders that love lost people
- Develop the leadership community for the location by consistently casting vision and equipping and training these individuals
Staff and Operations
- Lead staff of approximately 30 people (indirectly and directly)
- Develop and train direct reports for leadership at the next level
- Oversee location budget and reporting and be a wise steward of financial resources
- On the teaching team rotation for Sunday Inspire services and 3rd Wednesday services
- Participate on the Programming Team to develop engaging and spiritually significant messages
- On rotation for pastoral functions (i.e. counseling, baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.)
Gateway Church Staff Member
- Attend Gateway all-staff meetings and other staff events
- Attend Lead Pastor meetings with Senior Pastor
- Attend staff Life Group
- Participate, as needed, in all-church or all-leadership initiatives
- Being “All In” at Gateway Church, as your church home, and being a commissioned member of the church body is a must. This is not only a job, but also a mission as a member of the body of Christ represented through Gateway Church.
- Successful candidate should have at least 8-10 years related ministry experience
- Strategic leadership skills which enables candidate to effectively, act and influence others in ways that promote the enduring success of the church
- Proven track record of managing a high functioning team
- Ability to identify, raise up and lead volunteers (many from lost to leading)
- Highly relational, organized and excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others to action
- Minimum of a 4 year college degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and the capability to learn other software
Spiritual Requirements & Strengths
- Must have an intimate and growing relationship with Christ
- Must have experience spiritually shepherding others
Job Title: Lead Pastor, Gateway North
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Positions Supervised: Location Department Heads
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Benefits: Full Benefit Offerings
About Gateway Church
Gateway Church in beautiful Austin, Texas, is a highly diverse culture, reaching people far from God. Our staff gets to be a part of an amazing movement making a difference in the city and around the globe, living out our values of Come As You Are, Live
Connected, Be Transformed and Change Your World. If you’re a fan of ACL, SXSW, year-round sunshine, great Tex-Mex and not ever wearing a tie again, then you get us. We are a church where no perfect people are allowed and we’ve worked hard to create a non-threatening,
culturally relevant environment that welcomes anyone and everyone who seek out the claims of Christ. For more information about who we are, head to www.gatewaychurch.com where you can experience our services live streamed, listen to podcasts, learn about our
staff and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are
best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Note: Gateway does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal and current agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from
an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Gateway will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.