Worship Arts Tech Producer (Full Time)
The Technical Producer is responsible for providing leadership, management and direction for all technical arts and production at Good Shepherd Church. Good Shepherd is a growing church in Southwest Charlotte, NC. With 2 campuses and 6 worship services
anchored by a large 700 seat worship center, a high quality audio visual experience is essential. With expanding technical needs in audio, video and other visual arts, we are looking for an applicant who embodies the following qualities:
- Passionate about seeing Jesus change lives and willing to do whatever it takes to see the Gospel heard and spread to throughout our city.
- Servant hearted, in a behind the scenes role, while strongly leading Production Volunteers.
- High capacity towards doing and completing tasks.
- Able to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing organization.
- Adept at leading the Volunteer Production Team; including providing training, scheduling, managing, training up leaders and making disciples.
- A self-starter and thinker, while working well within a team environment.
- Perpetual learner, able to learn new tasks and can jump into any task required.
- Has a high proficiency and knowledge of professional audio, video, and lighting.
- Able to help design, build, and organize stage set designs.
- Excellent execution of production in weekend worship gatherings
- Provide a high quality multi-media experience to enrich the worship experience for those attending worship gatherings at Moss Road.
- Maintains the AV equipment for all four main worship venues. (Worship Center, Zoar Road, Living Room and K-Zone)
- Performs live audio mixing for all large gatherings. (Include, 3 Sunday morning worship services rehearsals, Funerals, Weddings, Healing Services, special events, etc.)
- Setup and teardown of stage based on requirements given by Worship Pastor
- Coordinates the mixes of all video and audio from weekend worship services in order to be broadcasted live throughout the GSUMC facilities.
- Serves as producer by creating AV Notes for the AV Team to be able to follow.
- Coordinates all AV volunteers through Planning Center Online (PCO).
- Ensures video recording of 8:30 service for delivery to Zoar road campus.
- Post produces video and audio from weekly services to be uploaded to GSUMC website.
- Recruits, selects, equips and leads all Sunday morning AV volunteers.
- Create or purchase necessary media elements (including videos and backgrounds for lyrics displayed during worship gatherings)
- Create and edit song slides for worship presentation software (ProPresenter)
- Create and edit weekly announcement PowerPoint presentation
- Create Sermon Presentation for the weekend speaker
- Create lighting cues for the worship services
- Assists Worship Arts Pastor with research of new technical approaches and software
- Purchase all necessary equipment for worship service (includes batteries and cables)
- Creating a playlist for gathering music each month
- Creates and shares video of baptisms and infant dedications.
Required Technical Experience and Skills
- Deep background as an Audio Engineer running FOH audio.
- Extensive experience working with digital audio consoles
- Broadcast video experience
- High level of lighting creativity and knowledge
- Knowledge/experience with Mac computers.
- Strong working experience with ProPresenter, Photoshop and Final Cut a must.
- Strong instructing skills to train volunteers and others
- Physically capable of lifting 50 LBS or more
Required General Experience and Skills
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively and jointly with various staff ministries, organizations and volunteers
- Strong ability to lead and manage a team
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Dependable, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative
For an idea of what our weekend worship services look like, check out one of our services at http://www.gsumc.org/watch
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Please include any examples of your audio or visual work.