Youth pastor - HIGH SCHOOL
The High School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of high school students (grades 9 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and regular special events (summer camps, d-Now, conferences, trips, mission trips, retreats, service projects, etc.).
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
DIRECT REPORTS: HS Youth Interns and volunteers
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and leads Sunday morning youth bible study and Wednesday and Sunday night programs.
- Build deep relationships that lead to discipleship with high school students.
- Enlists leadership for all areas of the high school student ministry.
- Attends high school campus lunches and extra-curricular student activities.
- Works with Executive Pastor, Ministry Assistant, and other staff members to plan, organize, promote and implement student programs and events (such as DNOW, summer camp, senior graduation, local mission work, summer mission trip, etc.).
- Plans, Organizes, and leads small group Bible studies
- Recruit, train, provide leadership and support for high school youth leaders and volunteers.
- Cultivate and promote relationships with parents of high school students. Keep parents informed of ministry teachings and events.
- Enlist and maintain sufficient host home families for weekly bible study groups.
- Implements all phases of the student ministry funnel (see attachment).
- Provide ongoing evaluation of discipleship and assimilation processes for student ministries- high school and update systems and goals for these areas.
- Lead social and appreciation events for volunteers and ministry participants.
- Manage and account for high school budget.
- Attend all pertinent staff, ministry, departmental meetings and retreats.
- Work closely with the entire pastoral staff to minister to the Church body through one-on-one discipleship, counseling, evangelism, hospital visitation and friendship.
- Assist as needed in all worship services and seasonal gatherings and help with other ministries when needed.
- Must be a Christian with a servants heart (Phillipians 2:3-5, 2 Corinthians 4:5)
- A mature walk with Christ, evidenced by a strong and well-articulated testimony, personal spiritual discipline, consistency in public and in private, a commitment to moral purity, healthy relationships with others, and healthy relationships with spouse and family if married (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Must be a joy to supervise (Hebrews 13:17)
- Must embrace our church's doctrinal position and constitution without reservation and be an advocate of our philosophy of ministry both in public and in private
- Must be committed to regular prayer, teaching and discipleship
- Should have a strong calling to leadership and serving the students of The Crossing and Aledo community.
- Should be able to clearly articulate how God is calling them to this role within the church.
- Should have desire to accomplish the Lord’s vision for The Crossing.
- Education: 4 year college degree required, preferably in Bible studies or student ministry focus. Seminary coursework or masters degree is a strong plus.
- Experience: Prefer 3-5 years of practical paid experience working and leading student ministries with an effective ministry record. Camp leadership (internship, camp concealing, etc) is desirable. Experience organizing youth events such as DNOW and FUGE (or similar) summer camps for 100+ students is also desired.
- Abilities/Gifts: Gift of pastor/shepherd and teaching should rank high for candidate
- Interpersonal attitudes or skills:
- Should demonstrate a servants heart
- Should have a passion for students, their lives, their struggles, their salvation and their activities
- Should be flexible and willing to change programming to remain relevant in students lives
- Should be “connected” with trends and potential issues, and able to anticipate impact on students lives and walk with the Lord
- Should be “high-energy” in order to get and keep attention of students
- Should be relational in order to connect at a deeper level with students, interns and volunteer staff
- Possess a calming demeanor and be able to diffuse stressful situations
- Should be patient in recognizing the many activities competing for students attention (athletics, academics, social, etc), yet have a burden for them to spend more time with Jesus.
- Have team approach and attitude toward ministry and leadership
- Desired Shepherding & Pastoral Skills
- A pastor to the students
- Proven ability to create and maintain a strong sense of community among the volunteers and interns
- Deeply committed to the growth of the church
- Loyal to the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor and rest of staff family
- Able to take vision for The Crossing and implement that vision in the student ministry
- Humble and approachable
- Team player
- Self-led and Self-starter
- Inclusive in their ministry and their approach to leading, coaching, managing and teaching
- Organized and detail oriented
- Visibly participates in church services, events and ministries. Family members (if married) are active members of The Crossing
To Apply: Submit your cover letter, resume, and other materials for review through churchstaffing.com submission process.
PLEASE INCLUDE VIDEO LINK OF TEACHING/PREACHING to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include your name on any emails so we can combine with resume and application.
Church website: www.crossingaledo.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25