Do you have a passion for investing in the lives of people? Do you have a heart for loving and caring for others? We’re a culturally relevant, biblically sound, outwardly focused church made up of people from all walks of life and very different pasts.
But as different as we are, what unites us is that we are all on an amazing LIFEjourney together, discovering more about God and his incredible plans for us.
To learn more about our staff culture, check out this video
This position will lead STJ Church in engaging our community by meeting spiritual and felt needs and partnering with those in the community who are doing the same.
Key Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Missional. Desires to create a culture that will engage the unchurched and serve others.
- Relational. Desires to form, develop, and invest in relationships.
- Caring. Demonstrates empathy and compassion for other people’s struggles.
- Creative. Uses creative thinking to develop and implement ways to engage people.
- Recruiter. Exceptional developer of people for leadership.
- Organizer. Possess strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Problem Solver. Has an infectious optimism and willingness to look for solutions.
- Loves Jesus. Has a strong spiritual commitment and understands the culture of St. John Church with a willingness to become a member.
- Responsible for the strategy to help people “Live the Six.” Seeks out new partnerships where STJ Church can serve alongside other groups in the community
- Strategizes care philosophy for the entire spectrum of age. Coordinates and actively communicates the availability of Pastoral Care, counseling, and support groups to hurting people in the congregation and community.
- Lead other staff in strategizing a calendar of community-friendly events where STJ Church can connect with our outside community and where attenders can invite un-churched friends
- Provides staff oversight to the Missions Department including hiring, productivity, coaching, and leadership.
For more Information:
To learn more about our organization visit our website at
www.stjstl.net/employment or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.