Family Ministries & Student Pastor Job Description
Title: Family Ministries & Student Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
- Lead an established family discipleship ministry to new heights, reflected by growing faith, increasing biblical knowledge, and deepening spiritual maturity in students. Primary responsiblity is investing in 6th - 12th grade.
- Understand and provide guidance for the establishment of a comprehensive program birth-12th grade by working with interns and a full-time Children's Director.
- Develop a volunteer base of capable, equipped leaders among parents and students, who are a deeply committed, enthusiastic group that eagerly pours applicable spiritual truth into students, so that those students are able to transform their centers of influence for Christ.
- Enhance and advance spiritual growth opportunities for students of all ages at Chapel Pointe and the surrounding community, with specific responsibility to teach and lead the middle school and high school ministries while overseeing ministry to all students.
- Equip students and their parents to be disciples and to be disciple-makers, and build meaningful relationships with families.
- Follows Jesus Christ with passionate devotion. Humbly demonstrates this love relationship through diligent study of the Bible, dedication to prayer, and a desire and ability to communicate the gospel.
- Servant-leadership, exemplifying the humility and attitude of Christ-likeness.
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity and discretion, balanced with the ability to think creatively and enjoy students.
- Spiritually gifted as a pastor/teacher and thoroughly committed to teach God’s word and apply biblical principles to students.
- Ability to perceive varying spiritual maturity levels in students, and develop/implement methods for leading students into increased depth of relationship with Christ, regardless of their starting point.
- Loves students, and has a contagious passion to equip and inspire them to impact their worlds for Christ.
- Gifted in recruiting/equipping adult volunteers, and supporting parents, in their efforts to foster a love and respect for God in students.
- Equipped with leadership skills and the ability to direct implementation of ministry strategy and programming consistent with the vision statement and direction of the church.
- Models godly relationships in family life.
- Participation in consistent spiritual accountability with other godly believers.
- Spiritually mature born-again believer with an active, evident and maturing relationship with Christ, and a thorough knowledge of the Bible.
- Embodies the biblical qualifications of pastor/elder, as broadly defined in I Timothy 3, Titus 1, and I Peter 5.
- Enjoys good standing with former churches and produces strong references.
- Effective communicator, motivator, team builder and equipper, with a pastoral heart.
- Fully supportive of Chapel Pointe’s vision statement, statement of faith, and core values.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree with Bible training; master’s level education preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in student ministry, with comparable church or ministry preferred.
- Average work-week of 40-50 hours, including Sundays.
- Oversee all areas of Family Ministries, with specific responsibility for leading the Student Ministries aspect of the ministry.
- Assist parents in equipping students to develop a meaningful and growing relationship with Christ, and to use their spiritual gifts for eternal purposes.
- Teach students how to independently think biblically, applying growing biblical knowledge to the situations and questions students face.
- Direct teaching and programming, including curriculum consistent with the mission and values of Chapel Pointe.
- Proactively connect with students in mentoring and disciple-making relationships intended to motivate students to love God more deeply and become spiritual leaders in their spheres of influence.
- Facilitate spiritually challenging outreach activities, mission trips, retreats, student meetings, and other activities designed to promote a global perspective in students.
- Recruit, train and continually lead qualified Family Ministry directors, interns, and volunteer leaders, developing a cohesive team that effectively ministers to students.
- Submit annual Family Ministries budget and manage ongoing ministry-related expenses within approved budgeted parameters.
- Maintain consistent and informative communication with parents.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Board of Elders.
- Be available to lend counsel to both students and to their parents in conjunction with the other Pastors, including intervening in cases of crisis.
- Intentionally remains current with youth ministry trends and culture in order to apply appropriate biblical truth and guidance.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School DirectorLake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Lake Oswego, Oregon
- January 18
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Director of Student MinistriesJeffrey Calhoun
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- January 17