TRINITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Title: Modern Worship Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor, Director of Music and Worship Arts and Staff-Parish Relations Committee
The Modern Worship Director shall plan meaningful worship services for diverse congregations and organize and lead the Church Praise Teams (instrumentalists and vocalists) in presenting praise and worship music to the congregations and leading the congregations
in praise and worship during designated worship services and special events. This leadership position shall be responsible for ensuring that the music is of a high quality and spiritually inspirational to the congregation.
- Recruit, train, schedule, resource and rehearse persons of diverse ages for all presentations for which the praise teams are scheduled.
- Develop praise teams comprised of musicians (vocal and instrumental) who provide high quality music which lead the congregations in an experience of praise and worship.
3. Plan training sessions for volunteers and participate in training opportunities as presented.
4. Regularly introduce new selections so the praise team presentations provide a good mixture of familiar and new music.
5. Actively participate in worship planning with the pastors and other members of the church staff.
6. Propose and oversee the approved budget and expenditures for the praise team and modern worship services.
7. Mentor and coach members of the youth praise team.
8. Working under the direction and guidance of the Director of Music and Worship Arts to plan and present creative expressions of corporate worship involving, but not limited to, music and other arts, that express multicultural and multigenerational
interests and ancient-modern as well as cutting-edge worship expressions.
9. Work with and support the Director of Music and Worship Arts with a variety of combined musical efforts for various worship services during the year.
10. Administer modern worship ministry by :
- Insuring compliance with applicable copyright licenses
- Maintaining instruments and equipment owned by the church
- Continuing to learn about creative and modern worship through readings, workshops and conferences
11. Be a committed and collegial member of the church staff team.
12. Be a continuing student of Christian worship.
This is a part-time position with the option to be full-time if we find the correct person for it.