Ground Rules for Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
If you have already submitted a resume, no need to resubmit. The Search Team is still in the process of reviewing all applications.
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references (preferably recent employers) No references will be contacted without
D. “LIVE” attachment or link leading worship within last 6 months if possible
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application via E-MAIL ONLY and notify applicant of future steps
This position is responsible for overseeing the worship ministry of a multi-site church congregation. We desire the worship pastor to lead the congregation in authentic, spirit-filled and contemporary worship of the living God. We aspire to corporately
engage while inspiring individual spiritual growth. The Worship Arts Pastor will be responsible for training and shepherding band and vocal team volunteers and overseeing the worship service, including music, drama, video, programming and technical production.
Our overall musical style is similar to Chris Tomlin, Hillsong, Elevation, Jesus Culture and Gateway worship as well as including the use of modern hymn arrangements. The worship pastor collaborates with and helps guide all campus worship leaders to ensure
consistent quality and theology across all of our locations. The worship pastor reports to the executive pastor.
- Lead worship for weekend services, as well as any mid-week or other special worship services throughout the year by engaging the congregation.
- Oversee weekly service planning and programming with input from team.
- Shepherd worship staff and volunteers serving within ministry teams.
- Oversee all areas of production: stage design, creative arts, audio, lighting, video, computer and service programming, video announcements, testimonies.
- Lead bi-weekly worship planning and creative programming meetings. These meetings provide evaluation of recent worship services, plan upcoming service direction, research, develop and implement creative elements.
- Lead quarterly sermon planning sessions with pastoral team to help design sermon series.
- Maintain regular coaching meetings with campus worship leaders in order to maintain cohesiveness between all campuses.
- Develop additional worship leaders.
- Recruit, rehearse, schedule and develop bands/singers within the church.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with management team and provide input, assisting with the general oversight of the day-to-day operations of the church.
- Coordinate marketing and public relations with marketing coordinator as it relates to worship services.
- Fulfill the duties required of Fellowship Community Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
Job Skills Required:
- Doctrinal and philosophical alignment with church leadership.
- Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders.
- Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
- Strong leadership in leading church, vocal teams and bands.
- Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
- Commitment to personal evangelism and church wide mission involvement.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, organization and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
Education and Ministry Experience Requirements:
- College degree or experience in related field. Multi-site experience a plus.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a church with 500+ in attendance.