Principle Function: Responsible to the Senior Pastor for development and execution of a comprehensive program of Christian development and education for the preschool and children departments. Consult with other staff and program leaders
concerning activities in their areas when preschoolers and children are involved.
Direction and Supervision: The Preschool & Children's Minister will report to the Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Survey the need and consider realistically the areas of concern to be included in a ministry to preschool and children; advise the Senior Pastor of optimal ministry options.
- Work with other program leaders and directors in the implementation of a comprehensive program of spiritual, educational, physical, and emotional development for the child in the preschool and children departments and their parents or guardians.
- Provide oversite in the planning, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating of special events such as VBS, camps, retreats, banquets, fellowships, etc.
- Recruit and train workers as needed to develop a strong core group of volunteer leaders in the preschool and children’s departments.
- Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by preschool and children groups in all Church program organizations. This includes budget recommendations for a viable preschool and children’s ministry.
- Recruit and train workers who will plan and implement a children’s worship experience. (Currently Kidz Town)
- Assist in the enlistment and training of extended session and salaried preschool workers; administer and supervise salaried preschool and nursery workers.
- Conduct systematic and periodic safety and cleanliness inspections of all space, equipment, and personnel associated with the preschool ministry.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal guidelines, and laws.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Basic personal responsibilities:
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer and meditation.
- Financially support the work of ministries of First Southern Baptist Church.
- Reflect a character consistent with one who has been called out for vocational ministry, both within the church and the community.
1. A calling to do ministry with children.
2. Bachelor's degree required, preferred Ministry degree
3. Seminary degree preferred but not requied
4. Relevant volunteer and/or past children's ministry experience required
Status: Full-Time Salaried, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40+ hrs/week
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement, paid vacation & sick leave
Pay Range: 35,000-40,000 based on experience