FUMC Ocala is a large, historic church with a beautiful, recently restored 4 manual, 93 rank Wicks pipe organ. Our music program includes traditional vocal choirs, handbell choirs, instrumental ensembles, as well as contemporary worship bands.
Details can be found on the job description below. The position is part time and salary is commensurate with experience and AGO standards. Please direct all resumes and questions to Dr. Jeff Rogers (email@example.com and 352-622-3244)
Job Description: Accompanist/Organist
Works with/Reports to the music director in order to usher and lead the congregation in a spirit of worship that draws people to discipleship in Jesus Christ.
- Provide appropriate organ/piano music for the 11:00 traditional Sunday service, generally including but not limited to: Gathering Music, Prelude, Hymns (selected by the Pastors),
Choral Anthems/Special Music/Guest Musician(s), Offertory, Communion, Postlude
- Rehearse each week with the Chancel Choir and occasionally with other ensembles or soloists.
- Establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ and inform our main office of your schedule so we can regulate the temperature of the Sanctuary. These established practice times will be protected.
- Meet as needed with the Director of Music for planning and preparation for worship services and other events.
- Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church office by 10:00am each Thursday for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.
- Additional services and events that are part of base pay may include choir concerts, recitals, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise service, two Christmas Eve services, etc. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with the concurrence
of the Director of Music.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.
- Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and weddings (for additional compensation)
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Love and respect for all people.
- Attested musical skills on the organ and piano.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Minimum five years experience in church related setting.
- Degree in organ or piano performance preferred.
- The church shall provide monies for proper care of the organ and pianos located in the church, including quarterly organ and piano tunings and any necessary repairs.
- The Organist/Pianist/Accompanist shall report to the Director of Music concerning the condition and maintenance needs of the organ and pianos, including tunings, repairs, etc.