To provide comprehensive leadership and oversight for youth ministry at Jefferson campus (Impact Students) as well as promoting and establishing effective working partnerships with parents for the overall spiritual formation of their children.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Impact parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of Jefferson church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (masters preferred), experience in youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who is capable of shaping and executing a long-term vision for Impact’s youth ministry.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Jefferson mission statement.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and volunteer staff.
- Pastor David Park