PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To serve as Lead Student Minister to students in 7th through 12th grades.
POSITION HOURS: Salaried. Full-time, including regular office hours, Wednesday nights, Sunday mornings, as well as other times as required by ministry schedule (occasional weekends, etc.). Some seasons require longer hours or after-hours commitment due to the nature of Student Ministry.
- Working with family ministry team (Adults/Students/Children) in developing, implementing, and maintaining cohesive, coordinated, aligned ministry for the whole family with spiritual growth goals for all ages. In other words, we want a teammate to help us reach and grow the whole family! While your main focus would specifically be students, we desire and need your input on impacting parents and younger siblings, too.
- Lead all Student Ministry Activities, actively recruiting and involving students and adult volunteers as needed.
- Recruit and train a Student Leadership Team for students to help plan/carry out events and ministries and to have other leadership roles within the ministry.
- Preparation for all Student Ministry Leader Meetings & training sessions
- Develop discipleship ministry for teens
- Program creating, planning, and evaluating, calendaring and scheduling events, communication with event hosts (if off site) and speakers/bands (if from outside FBCJ)
- Teach in “The Gathering” student worship service
- Recruiting and training new leaders for small groups
- Recruiting parents and church members as volunteers for Student Ministry activities. You can’t do this job alone, and we don’t want you to.
- Work within family ministry team to further develop Parent Ministry
- Administrative duties (making phone calls/emails/connections)
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ (a mature, but developing believer in Jesus, in other words)
- A passion for students and a God-placed calling to work with them
- Experience working with teenagers and their parents
- College graduate. Seminary education a plus, but not required
- Computer and Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Musical ability a plus, but not a must
- Affirmation of the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and credit check
- Spouse is supportive of your call and contributes to your ministry (if married)
- Self-starter with an awareness of trends in teen culture and ability to translate those into efforts to reach students
- Willing to work with school leadership in building relationships
- Willing to live in or near Justin, TX
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES WOULD DO WELL WITH THESE GIFTS/PASSIONS:
- Evangelism – there are tons of students in the area without a relationship with Christ, and we need someone willing and able to engage them on their level, and to train the students to reach their peers
- Desire to mentor students who demonstrate willingness to lead
THIS WOULD BE A GREAT JOB FOR YOU IF:
- The thought of investing in the next generation gets you excited… like crazy-excited.
- You’re a self-starter who can see a task all the way through with little supervision.
- You don’t mind feedback, both positive and lovingly-corrective.
- You take ministry seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You love to laugh.
- The idea of hanging out with middle-schoolers for a week at camp makes you think “Awesome! When are we leaving?” instead of “I think I’m gonna be sick!”
- You want a place to invest in people to grow God’s Kingdom instead of just something to look good on a resume.
- You like collaborating with other people to get the best ideas for the right events/programs/ministries. In other words, you place a high priority on teamwork.
- You love the idea of empowering parents, students, and student helpers in fulfilling their God-given purpose and calling to share Christ in their homes, neighborhoods, schools, and work.
FBC JUSTIN is strategically positioned near several new and developing neighborhoods. Thousands of people are expected to relocate to our area in the next few years because of great schools, our proximity to the DFW metro area, award-winning school district, and the family-friendly neighborhoods. In January 2016, we launched a five-year vision to “Reach 1000 souls by 2020.” There is huge potential for growth, with several middle schools and high schools within a 15-20 minute drive of the church campus.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and education.
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor (directly), Senior Pastor (indirectly)
If this position profile describes you, then let’s talk! Send a resume and cover letter (and audio/video links to samples of teaching, if available) to email@example.com. For more information on our church, visit www.fbcjustin.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Student Ministry Director - 1736MinisterSearch
- Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- January 20
Youth PastorPrivate Profile
- Albany, Oregon
- January 20
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
First Baptist Church
We are a gathering of believers in and disciples of Jesus Christ. We believe that people are sinners with no relationship to God, BUT that Jesus' perfect sacrifice on our behalf made a way for us to be right with God if we believe in Christ and surrender our lives to Him! Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)More...