Director of Children & Youth Ministry
First Congregational Church, Otsego
First Congregational Church of Otsego is seeking candidates to be considered for a new part-time position called the Director of Children & Youth Ministry.
1. Oversee Sunday morning Children's Church, including recruiting and training volunteers.
2. Cast vision for, and implement effective ministries for elementary, middle, and high school age youth.
3. Conduct growth-oriented community outreach activities.
4. Ensure that FCC's Children & Youth ministries maintain safe environments for youth and volunteers.
5. Form positive, loving relationships with children, volunteers, and parents.
6. Regularly meet with the Senior Minister for supervision and support.
Candidates must demonstrate the following personal attributes.
1. Personal, saving faith in Jesus Christ, spiritual maturity, a commitment to prayer, and a godly role model for youth.
2. An understanding of basic Scriptural truths and a love for Scripture
3. Affirming biblical beliefs consistent with the doctrinal statement adapted from the 4 C's (Conservative Christian Congregational Conference), included in the job description.
3. A desire to participate fully with the First Congregational Church family
4. An entrepreneurial mindset & an ability to persevere.
5. Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, good people skills, an openness to feedback.
6. An ability to work with, organize, and manage volunteers.
7. A willingness to make a long-term commitment to serving in the position.
1. Ability to effectively teach children & youth spiritual truths in a creative fashion
2. Skill with both long and short range strategic planning, and implementation of plans
3. Satisfactorily pass a background check
Preferences: Preferred, but not required
1. Formal education or training in Children or Youth ministry
2. Leadership experience in Children' or Youth Ministry
3. Experience in a local church.
1. 15-20 hours a week, based on availability.
2. Regular attendance & ministry on Sunday mornings at FCC
We ask that interested candidates email their resume & cover letter to Linda Sleeman, Church Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.