Thanks for taking a look at our ministry!
Couple of things first...
1. We are looking for someone who has fulltime church staff experience as a Student Pastor.
2. We are looking for someone who has a successful track record as a Student Pastor.
3. We are looking for someone that loves the Lord and is walking with Him and wants to help students love Him and walk with Him too.
4. Take a look at our website at www.sbchuntsville.com to find out more about us and whether you think you would fit with our ministry and style.
If that's you please keep reading. :)
We are seeking a Student and Connections Pastor that will oversee our youth and
college ministries as well as serving as a connections pastor to help in the assimilation of people into the life and ministry of the church.
Ministry Description for the Student and Connections Pastor
The Student and Connections Pastor shall be a ministry leader of the pastoral staff, and shall serve in ministry with student’s grades 7th through 12th, as well as overseeing the College and Career ministry and serving as the Connections
The Student and Connections Pastor shall be responsible to and shall work directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- A mature, born again believer who displays a love for the Lord, a call to ministry, and effective service in the church which would include a history of successful student ministry in a church.
- One who is gifted and called to student ministry, loves young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An extroverted/energetic personality.
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for SBC’s student, college and connections ministry.
- A student of the Bible holding a Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a scholarly Christian education.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with SBC’s statement of faith.
- A strong expression of interpersonal skills.
- A strong expression of work ethic.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents and staff.
- A person who is able to create and enjoys working with ministry teams including existing student ministry team members.
- Graphic, video and IT experience is a plus.
STUDENT MINISTRY EXPECTATIONS:
- Lead and organize effective student ministries; implementing fellowship, worship, ministry, discipleship and evangelism, as well as mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer student staff.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support SBC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles.
- Create and oversee the student ministry budgets; also manage student fees for events and trips.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Be willing to connect with the students outside of the church at various student activities such as sporting events and other school activities.
COLLEGE MINISTRY EXPECTATIONS:
- Lead and organize effective college ministries; implementing fellowship, worship, ministry, discipleship and evangelism, as well as mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer college staff.
- Maintain contact with students.
- Develop a plan each fall to connect with incoming freshman to SHSU.
- Create and oversee the College and Career Ministry budget.
- Work to develop home groups within the college and career ministry as well as personally hosting one.
- Create opportunities outside of church for college students to build relationships.
CONNECTIONS MINISTRY EXPECTATIONS:
The Connections Pastor is responsible for connecting people to SBC and to ministry through our assimilation process. The main responsibilities include organizing and overseeing membership, guest processes, groups, volunteers and serving opportunities
inside the church. The Connections Pastor will need a unique blend of 5 elements: pastoring people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and an extroverted/energetic personality.
- Lead and organize an effective assimilation process that connects people to SBC as a member, into a group and finally into a place of service.
- Assist ministry directors in recruiting, training and leading volunteers for all areas of the weekend team (First Impressions, Parking, Welcome Center, etc.)
- Oversee the schedule and coordination of the weekend First Impressions team and other serving teams.
- Appreciate volunteers individually via personal communication.
- Support volunteers in planning and coordinating special events.
- Help recruit and train qualified leaders and volunteers to meet the needs of the church.
- Develop effective systems of training, accountability and communication for group leaders.
- Execute a smooth sign-up process for each new season of groups and serving.
- Organize and execute global connection initiatives in collaboration with the ministerial staff.
- Create and maintain a volunteer database.
This role will require the ability to recruit, develop and place volunteers in ministry programs in the life of the church. It will also require a high level of organization and administrative abilities.
Closing Comments: It is important to realize this job description is to be understood as a general guideline for ministry purposes and is not intended to be an exhaustive explanation of this ministry position.
Thanks for your interest!