Woodside Christian Preschool
Woodside Christian Preschool in Yardley, PA seeks an innovative, Christ-centered Preschool Director to lead our outstanding school. Established in 1989, we nurture children in a loving and caring Christian environment. Since a child’s first educational experience lays the groundwork for their future, we help students grow intellectually, emotional, relationally and spiritually. Our goal is to teach them to love God and to love their neighbor as themselves. The director is a member of the Woodside Presbyterian Church staff and reports to the Associate Pastor and the Session. The director creates policies, manages staff, and oversees daily and financial operations of the school. The director will play a key role in shaping and maintaining a Christ-centered, loving, supportive and nurturing environment for children, families and staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that incorporates daily Scripture & prayer
• A commitment to personal, professional, and spiritual growth
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
• Experience teaching and leading in a Preschool or equivalent
• A warm, enthusiastic personality and a sense of humor
• A collaborative team spirit in working with pastors, teaching staff and church staff
• Self-motivation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, financial, and communication skills
• A Visionary Innovator who can implement new ideas and technology
• Ability to develop positive relationships with children, families and staff
• Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum
• Manage day-to-day operations of all Woodside Christian Preschool programs
• Maintain the school’s Pennsylvania State License
• Select, supervise, support, and develop the teaching staff
• Foster a safe, caring, and Christ-centered environment for children and staff
• Ensure the financial health and growth of the school
• Consistently develop, improve, and implement the curriculum and programs.
• Communicate, guide, and serve as a liaison to parents
• Collaborate closely with Church staff to integrate Woodside Christian Preschool into the overall mission of Woodside Church
The Preschool Director will seek to grow in Christ through:
1. The fellowship of the church in Worship, Prayer and Bible study.
2. Professional Development.
3. Attendance at Church Staff meeting twice a month and meet individually with the pastor as needed.
The Preschool Director is required to provide a background check for criminal and child sexual abuse misconduct. Woodside Presbyterian Church or the Preschool Director may terminate this Agreement by giving eight (8) weeks written notice.
All staff members, elders and deacons of the Woodside Presbyterian Church are required to live according to the biblical teaching of “fidelity within the covenant of marriage between a man and a woman or chastity in singleness.” (Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Corinthians 6:12-20; Galatians 5:19-26, Ephesians 5:1-3; Hebrews 13:4) Staff members, elders and deacons are to model the highest standards of moral and ethical conduct and to live as faithful disciples of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Interested Candidates should submit a resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Teaching and Leadership in Early Childhood Education
Required education: Bachelor's, preferably a Master’s
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assiant to Children/Student PastorPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Director of Children's MinistryWalnut Street UMC
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Children's Center DirectorHilmar Covenant Church
- Hilmar, California
- November 30
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29