Under the leadership of our Senior Pastor, Maury Davis and Associate Lead Pastor, Galen Davis, Cornerstone Nashville Church in Madison (Nashville), TN, is a body of 3500+ dedicated believers with a worldwide vision. The heartbeat of our church is a commitment
to global and local missions with a priority to love God and love people. Our philosophy of ministry blends a celebration of contemporary worship with practical biblical teaching for everyday life. We desire to assimilate and disciple people; leading them
toward meaningful fellowship and personal evangelism. Our programs are designed to attract and win people to Jesus Christ, develop them to Christ-like maturity, and empower them for active service.
DESCRIPTION: The Lead Children’s Pastor will be responsible for leadership, development and administration for the entire Cornerstone Kids Ministry at Cornerstone Nashville from infants (6 weeks) through 5th grade. This will include
planning children’s events and services both on Sundays and Wednesdays, as well as various other activities; developing programs and opportunities for ministering to families; evaluation and implementation of Sunday school curriculum, children’s extra-curricular
programs, and coordination of special events; training, education, development, and organization of staff, departmental leaders and volunteers; and a working knowledge of preschool ministries.
- Seeking a dynamic, outgoing, and vision-driven Spirit-filled individual or couple with a heart, passion & calling to reach children for Jesus Christ
- Educational background and/or working experience specific to children’s ministry with proven ability to function efficiently within a large ministry organization.
- Believe and adhere to the core values and tenents of faith of Cornerstone Nashville
- Proven ability to discover, develop, and deploy volunteers through effective recruiting, leading, training and motivating staff, departmental leaders and members in a high-energy and demanding environment
- Develop and encourage a high-energy and enthusiastic environment
- Effective administration and communication skills (verbal, written and electronic) with children, parents, staff, volunteers, peers and community
- Develop, review and maintain classroom curriculum
- Provide vision casting to Cornerstone Kids Department in relation to the vision of Cornerstone Nashville
- Coordinate and staff children’s events such as annual Kids Camp, VBS and Fall Fest
- Prepare and submit annual budgets for Cornerstone Kids Ministry
- Handle day-to-day administration of ministry which includes three (3) fulltime dedicated children’s ministry team members
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers and all paid children’s staff
- Team player with a servant's heart
- Ability to provide Pastoral care to families and children of Cornerstone Nashville
Bottom Line: We are
looking for the Pied-piper
of kids ministry!
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience