Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Cypress Church.
Cypress Church endeavors to live and love like Jesus as we compassionately relate to our community and beyond so that all will thrive as followers of Christ.
Position Description: While working in a collaborative environment of the Pastoral Team.
The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the lead pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details
that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people into the presence of God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around them to join in the pursuit of
that vision. This is a pastoral role that requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- Growing Relationship with God - One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Biblically Trained - One who possesses formal Biblical training, experience in student Ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7). (Bachelor’s degree
and or M-Div preferable)
- Communication of Vision - One who is capable of aligning and executing the God given vision of Cypress Church.
- A Love for Worship - One who is gifted and is called to worship arts, loves the church, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- Teach and Communicate God’s Word - An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Cypress Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Good Work Ethic - A self-motivated leader, capable of casting, communicating and imparting Cypress Church’s vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with our congregation, volunteers and staff.
- Lead and equip a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of worship arts, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant services and events for our congregation.
- Collaborate to create and manage a worship ministry calendar.
- Direct the recruitment, training, equipping and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Collaborate with other ministries events, such as the Cypress Campaign, Global Outreach Week, Vacation Bible School, Music and Sports Camps.
- Develop and disciple/equip volunteer leaders.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of worship ministry facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for worship ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with pre-churched people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build and equip the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministry areas of Cypress Church.
- Grow Cypress Church’s worship ministry in meaningful ways.
- One-on-one mentoring by the Lead Pastor so he may provide encouragement, direction, support, and challenge you toward holiness and righteousness.
- Attend worship services, prayer service, and special meetings.
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year for the Elder board to review.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to present a yearly worship arts ministry budget proposal.
- Stay current with worship ministry practices by reading, and attending leadership conferences, etc.
- Preach and teach on occasion as requested by the Lead Pastor.