Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. At present Sun Valley has four campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert, and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of 6,000 and has been named by Outreach Magazine
as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Tempe Campus was the result of a merger is the fall of 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8-building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. At
present, the campus attendance is 1,200+, but when fully utilized, the campus capacity will accommodate about 7,000 in attendance.
Summary of Position:
The Groups Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Sun Valley’s Group Ministry. At Sun Valley we believe that life change happens best in the context of friendships centered on God’s Word. Groups are at the hub of everything we do. The Groups
Pastor has the full support of the Lead Pastor from the stage as well as their personal involvement in a Small Group. Present groups are primarily sermon-based, however we also have other segment studies such as Women’s Bible Studies, Men’s Bible Studies,
Recovery Groups as well as short term groups such as Financial Peace University and ReEngage. This person will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate over 50 groups
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, training, as well as strong relational abilities and a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
- Ability to manage systems and people to accomplish objectives.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 1,000.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Recruit, place, and develop leaders who in turn lead and develop group leaders
- Fully integrate recovery, care and local outreach into the Group model and system
- Move people through the spiritual maturity pathway of Meet, Know, Follow
- Continue a sermon-based philosophy of groups
- Work with and improve existing systems for groups within a multi-site model
- Live what they teach and live life in a group
Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.