Chinese Baptist Church of Houston
Chinese Associate Pastor/Minister – Mandarin or Cantonese Speaking
To work with the Senior Pastor in providing leadership for the Chinese ministries, and engage in other functions as delegated by the Senior Pastor including, but not limited to, Evangelism, Missions, Koinonia Fellowship and Worship.
M Div. from an accredited seminary or equivalent required, accept/follow SBC doctrines, live a godly lifestyle, be proficient in Cantonese (knowledge of English language desirable), have good verbal/written communication skills, have a strong ability to
preach/teach, have a caring attitude with strong interpersonal relationship skills, have the ability to lead and direct a lay staff while maintaining a strong teamwork atmosphere, have a heart for God and the church, have a genuine concern for the unsaved
and be willing to work non-standard hours on an occasional basis.
1. Chinese Worship Service
- Primary responsibilities for Sunday worship: coordinate with the Worship Pastor/Chinese Music Director on program formats, make final decisions on guest speakers and arrange for special events which take place during worship.
- Oversee other Chinese Worship Services including participation in worship services and work with the Worship Committee to make final decisions on matters relating to these worships.
3. Ministry Areas (ensure all are meeting the vision and goals of the church)
- Development of Mandarin / Cantonese fellowship groups
- Training of Chinese leaders
- Development of Chinese Sunday School and ESL classes
4. Other duties as requested:
- Perform weddings, funerals and other events
- Represent the church at special functions
- Assist the Senior Pastor in providing vision, goals and direction for Chinese Baptist Church
Posting will remain open until the position is filled. Please send intent and resume to the Personnel Committee