To implement the organizational vision and mission for children’s ministry at the campus level. The Grace Kids Campus Coordinator will provide guidance, leadership, support, and pastoral care for campus children and volunteers. They will also serve in
an administrative capacity supporting the Director of Children’s Ministry. The position is a
full-time position. The individual will work 20 hours in each area throughout the week.
Qualifications & Required Character Attributes:
- Comprehensive knowledge, agreement, and adherence to the mission, vision, and core values of Grace Covenant.
- Christian lifestyle that is in harmony with clear Biblical standards.
- Attend Monday night services.
- Support Grace Covenant with your tithes and offerings.
- Handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, independent worker with the leadership skills necessary to engage and lead a team in this manner.
- Communication skills, both written and oral, at all levels.
- Professional ability to recruit, train and supervise volunteers.
- Team player with positive, servant-motivated attitude.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office or Mac programs.
Responsibilities as Grace Kids Coordinator:
- Pastoral Care/Mentorship
- Primary care responsibility is for all Grace Kids (birth-5th grade) at the Statesville Campus
- Secondary care responsibility is for Grace Kids Volunteers at the Statesville and Cornelius campus (3rd-
- Third level of care is for Grace Covenant parents and families.
- Lead Monday nights services at the Cornelius campus on a rotation basis (1x per month)
- Be apart of the leadership for Wednesday night (Kid Connect) at the Cornelius campus
- Help lead the Kids Camp and VBS at the Cornelius campus.
- Ensure that programming is executed at each classroom in accordance with established curriculum, classroom procedures, and child safety policies.
- Operational oversight of all classrooms, including but not limited to - registration/check in, teaching, activities (crafts and games), snacks, and child safety.
- Attend Campus Core Team meetings
- Responsible for all new volunteer interviews and all new volunteer staff training and development
- Responsible for volunteer staffing levels so that all classrooms are open for maximum capacity
- Responsible for all ongoing staff training and development.
Ministry support responsibilities:
- Plan, prep and email to leaders the small group activities for Sundays and
- Maintain the volunteer schedule for the Studio.
- Inventory The Studio supply room and order/purchase supplies as needed.
- Keep the supply room organized.
- Help plan and facilitate special outings and events throughout the year.
- Mail Birthday cards to Studio students and volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Assist with planning and facilitating special events including kids’ camp, VBS, Back to School Bash, Christmas Party, etc.
- General office tasks including email communications, handouts, record keeping and database functions.