Thrive Church is a 1 year-old church plant in the Vacaville/Fairfield area in Northern California. We’ve seen God move through our launch team and have hundreds of new people and families come through our doors. And we can’t wait to see what God does in
We’re looking for a dynamic Worship Director to join our team to elevate our services on Sunday and build our teams to fulfill our mission -
to make it easy for people to find and follow Jesus.
Thrive is focused on creating a church where people can kick the tires of faith, ask questions, find acceptance, love, and discover the true purpose and calling that God longs for in all of humanity. That’s an audacious mission, but it’s one that we are
passionate about. Our dream is to create a church that unchurched people want to attend. We want people who are longing for a connection with the God of the universe to be able to explore what a journey of grace and faith looks like with Jesus.
And to see it happening before our eyes is such an awesome thing.
And the Worship Director is key to setting the tone for our Sunday experiences to make that happen. We have 3 values at Thrive that matter for what Sunday’s look like - Simple, Fun and Real.
And those values along with passion, creativity, and authenticity are essential in the leader Thrive can’t wait to have join our team.
The Thrive Worship Director must have an active and vibrant relationship with Jesus and be committed to growing his spiritual life. (This is our highest priority for any candidate!) Must be a team player as our team is at the heart of what God is doing
at Thrive. And be committed to the vision of Thrive.
Basic responsibilities include:
- Leading worship weekly through music, video, prayer or other elements that are engaging and connect with our vision to reached unchurched people
- Build a team of musicians, singers, and production staff to support and enhance the weekly services at Thrive.
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to plan, develop, and create the content each week to effectively communicate the message.
- Direct admin support for all aspects of the Sunday experience - video, graphic design, print, etc.
As with any church plant, we have an expectation for all of our team to jump in and help to support, lead and direct additional areas of ministry (i.e. youth, growth groups, outreach) based on gifts and skill set.
- Strong musical skills as a singer and guitar player (electric/acoustic)
- Effective leader and team builder
- Good public communication and worship leading skills
- Experience leading teams in a church environment
- Video editing and basic graphic design
- Passionate, fun-loving, enthusiastic when leading worship
- Likes to have a fun, laugh, yet be serious about the calling God has given Thrive to reach the world.
Any interested candidates musts submit a resume and links to video of their worship leading in a couple of different services.
Position is full time with salary commensurate with experience and skills. Email resume and video links to email@example.com