STUDENT PASTOR JOB DECRIPTION
Join our church on a mission to Take the City for Christ. Grace Church is located in the beautiful Southern Pines in the Sandhills region. The area is known for its charm, beauty, great schools and many outdoor activities including equestrian sports, biking
and world-class golfing. The Sandhills are centrally located within a couple hours to the beach one way and a few hours to the mountains the other way. We are looking for a dynamic leader to be a part of our Family Ministry team, our growing church’s staff
and our extended family of those who call Grace Church their home. If you have a calling on your life to be a catalyst in leading students and families to Christ, this is a great place for a Student Pastor and a family to fulfill that mission.
- Build relationships with students, leaders, and the community.
- Create an environment that attracts students and encourages them to be a part of student ministry.
- Ability to dynamically communicate and engage students of all ages with relevant messages.
- Recruit, train and develop adult and student leaders.
- Develop small groups that reach students at different parts of the journey from interest based to deep studies.
- Create in-roads to the schools.
- Interact with individuals with various church backgrounds (and with little to none) to connect them to Student & Family Ministry.
- Build disciples.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Guiding and directing a leadership team of adults and students to multiply discipleship efforts.
- Planning events and activities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and outreach for Middle School and High School students.
- Organizing and planning weekly student services with student ministry coordinators.
- Attending staff meetings (for Grace and family/student ministry) as scheduled.
- Scheduling and meeting weekly for vision casting, coordination and prayer time with student ministry leaders and coordinators.
At least a bachelor’s degree.
At least two years experience in student ministry.