The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for successfully developing and implementing a comprehensive discipleship program of care, evangelism, spiritual growth and service opportunities for young children and their families. They are responsible for recruiting, training, equipping, and development of leaders and volunteers working in the ministry. The Minister is responsible for working in coordination with the Nursery Director, the Children’s Ministry Intern and all of the volunteers and teachers, as well as the Minister to Youth and Families to provide a comprehensive plan of family discipleship.
- Cast vision and set goals for the Children’s and Family Ministry.
- Develop ministry teams to disciple children and families.
- Train, develop, and disciple teachers and volunteers.
- Lead the Children’s Visionary Team.
- Provide support and partnership needs for camps and retreats such as Winshape, Warren Willis, and 5th Grade transition retreat.
- Promote and implement community bridge between area churches through strategic partnerships.
- Work with the Youth ministry to create a smooth transition for 5th Graders moving up.
- Ability to connect with kids relationally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Public/Up Front stage ability.
- Ability to multitask several programs and/or events simultaneously. (VBS, Church Programs, Camps, etc)
- Ability to delegate and empower volunteers.
- Work well with others on staff.
- Ability to communicate with parents effectively.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to use social media and learn the church database system (CCB).
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box.
- *** Experience with Orange Curriculum and some basic graphic design skills preferred.
- Maintain a growing relationship with the Lord through the practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Live out your faith in the home and community.
- Financially support the church by giving faithfully through tithes and offerings.
- Attend conferences and retreats to continue learning.
- Willingness to be developed as a leader, disciple-maker, and pastor.
- 2+ Years Experience leading children’s ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience leading volunteer teams.
- Experience leading children.
- Strong references
- Commitment to partner with parents/guardians to raise children into the Christian Faith.
- Candidates with a strong background in full-time ministry will be strongly considered.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: Kathy Strickland, Kstrickland@gracefl.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Children's Pastor and Upward Sports DirectorFairview Village Church
- Eagleville, Pennsylvania
- December 6
Associate Pastor of Youth and Children's MinistryOnward Church
- Fishers, Indiana
- December 6
Childrens PastorLove and Truth Church
- Jackson, Tennessee
- December 5
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Grace at Fort Clake United Methodist Church
Here at Grace, our mission is described as "Becoming a Church of Christ-followers who: Love God, Love Others and Change the World". Our doors are wide open to people from all backgrounds. Together, we’re striving to become the kind of church described in the Bible – a church with relevant teaching, heart-felt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we’d like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time. More...