Director Of Worship (40 hours per week)
Multi-generational church in a family-friendly Seattle suburb seeks experienced worship director with a knack for translating vision into reality. Our gifted volunteer worship team members are eager to be shepherded by you to lead Sunday morning
modern worship experiences that overflow into missional lives.
To Apply, send resume and cover letter to Business Manager Liann Holt at email@example.com
Further information, including worship manifesto and church values/purpose available online at http://www.mvpc.net/resources/job-openings-at-mvpc.html
Purpose: To provide leadership in order to facilitate teams that construct the worship services of the church.
Accountability: The Director of Worship is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
Demonstrate a commitment to the purpose statement of MVPC
Participate regularly in the major adult ministries of the church; worship, small groups, adult education, conferences etc.
Privately practice the spiritual disciplines of prayer, study, worship and the giving of tithes and offerings to the church.
Seek to maintain a loving Christian relationship with one’s family, neighbors and co-workers and the church community. Participate in Peacemakers training and conflict resolution process.
Encourage worship team leaders to implement devotions and shepherd their team members at regular meetings and rehearsals.
Facilitate the overall coordination of worship services by:
Working with worship leaders and Pastor to plan the Sunday orders of worship and related special events; communion, baptisms, reception of new members, special programs etc.
Supporting the spiritual life of the congregations through appropriate use of the Bible, hymns, praise songs and art forms.
Plans (co-plans) special services; Easter, Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.
Facilitates, coaches and/or schedules worship teams including:
Special music; solos, trios, special groups etc.
Special groups; children’s choir, VBS, Sunday school, preschool and guest performers.
Serve as music and creative areas resource person for all functions of the church; banquets, retreats, celebrations, VBS, Performing Arts Camp etc.
Attend workshops and conferences in order to stay current with music, worship trends and resources.
Recruit, train and support people of all ages to lead the worship teams for adult & youth worship services.
Advertise worship events
Oversee stage design
Oversee recruitment and training of Tech Team
Special Projects as needed
Attend weekly All Staff meeting
Attend weekly Core Staff meeting
Attend weekly meetings with the pastor(s) to integrate the sermon, special events, music and drama in the worship service.
Attend Core Staff retreats
Attend session retreats and session meetings as needed
Clear commitment to Christ and the church, evidenced by a mature faith and an ability to model that faith.
Team player – willingness to commit time and energy into the development of a unified, honest and mutually edifying relationship with other church staff and lay leaders.
Dependence on the Holy Spirit through prayer
Prior experience in leadership of worship programs.
A degree in music or equivalent experience and skills.
Ability to incorporate a variety of vocal and instrumental groups, as well as lead worship.
Performance skills in voice and at least one instrument.
Interpersonal, collaborative and organizational skills (consistency, follow-through and framework/structure).
Knowledge of various musical styles and forms of worship.
Knowledge of Christian heritage.
Openness to new forms of worship and worship teams.
Skills to plan, organize and coordinate a comprehensive church worship program.
Ability to shepherd the worship leaders and encourage them to shepherd their worship teams.
Flexibility in spontaneous spiritual response during the worship service and appropriate changes and adaptations in the service as needed.
Provide training for worship leaders and teams, as well as opportunities for them to attend workshops, trainings, seminars and Christian conferences.
MVPC - Core Competencies of a Staff Member
1. Commitment to the vision and purpose of MVPC
2. Effectively communicates the vision and purpose of MPVC
3. Strives to align the ministries of the church with the overall vision
4. Supports the larger Church community
1. Demonstrates appropriate professional or technical knowledge
2. Shows evidence of continual learning on the job.
1. Ensures the ministry or program achieves its stated objectives
2. Defines and fulfills clear goals.
3. Strives for ministry excellence
4. Follows through on communication and commitments
1. Demonstrates loyalty, publicly communicating support for the ministry of others
2. Communicates clearly especially with those impacted by ministry activities
3. Values the input of all team members
4. Fulfills commitments to other team members
5. Attend and actively participate in team events, prayer meetings, etc.
1. Is a servant leader
2. Leads with humility, integrity, joy, and love
3. Gives feedback in an effective and helpful manner
4. Communicates a positive attitude toward their work and work environment
5. Motivates others to serve
6. Seeks to understand and communicate church wide policies
1. Maximizes opportunities for volunteers to serve
2. Invites, connects, equips, and sustains volunteers in ministry
3. Shows appreciation for volunteer work
4. Mentors and cultivates leaders
1. Exhibits exceptional people care (servant) (customer service) skills
2. Shows Christ like love, respect and grace in addressing and resolving conflicts.
Maple Valley Presbyterian Church
Maple Valley, WA
Contact: Liann Holt