Part-time Operations Manager Job Description:
(30 hours a week with medical benefits)
Plans and directs Church operational processes, standard policies/procedures, implementation of strategic initiatives, and engagement of Volunteer resources. This hands-on job directly recruits and supervises volunteers while working collaboratively with Church staff. This position reports directly to the Pastor for Justice,Spirituality and Community, while working closely with the Communications Director, Finance Director, and Building Maintenance Lead.
- Self-starter, efficient, detail-oriented, organized, with strong oral and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver and able to balance multiple tasks and schedules.
- Management experience and ability to create clear/complete work plans and effectively engage people to achieve goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong background in operations process design, use of technology, and data reporting.
- Good understanding of the needs of Church culture and how to effectively engage people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Capacity to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Knowledge and experience:
1. ? 5-10 years’ experience in non-profit management or church management
2. ? Paid or unpaid experience with ministry or church operations preferred
- 3. College degree is preferred but not required.
- ?Problem solving: Ability to identify issues, identify root cause, and implement corrective action to prevent recurrence
- ?Self-direction: Ability to prioritize own responsibilities, develop reasonable work plans, track progress against goals, and deliver on deadlines
- ?Relationship-building: Ability to work with individuals of diverse personalities and differing opinions; collaborative with Volunteers, Staff, and Community members.
- ? Organized/Flexible: Ability to address ever-changing set of challenges by gathering the right information and getting input from key stakeholders.
- ? Volunteer development: Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop volunteers. Willingness to proactively reach out to members of the Church and surrounding community to build First Presbyterian Volunteer network.
?Duties, Tasks, Responsibilities:
- Recruit, manage, and effectively engage Volunteer Support.
- Manage administrative office and the day-to-day activities of Volunteer personnel who support front-desk and phone support. Establish and document standard operating procedures for use by Volunteers and Staff to follow.
- Utilize new and existing tools/systems for data entry to enable process efficiency and required reporting.
- Worship Service Coordination. Including: “Guest Services” greeters, ushers, and parking attendants. Supports slide creation and use.
- New Member Engagement
- Wedding/Memorial Coordination
- Class Logistics Coordination
- Event Coordination
- Support or triage individual requests for spiritual or physical needs
10. Coordinate requests for Public Relations
11. Coordinate requests for Church Building Use. Including scheduling space, room preparation, and room cleanup.
- 12. Partner with Communications Director to support e-news, newspaper ad design, and maintain Facebook page.
?30 hours per week ~ typically Monday – Thursday, and 4-5 hours 2 weekends per month.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Ministry CoordinatorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- October 13
Office AdministratorPark Church
- Tinton Falls, New Jersey
- September 30
Media Director/ Graphic DesignFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
First Presbyterian Church of Bend
First Presbyterian Church of Bend, Oregon is located in sunny central Oregon, about 3.5 hours southeast of Portland. Bend is a community of 82,000 people, located in the eastern shadow of the Cascades. FPC is a church with a rich history in Bend. Membership is approximately 300 people, composed of families, young adults, singles, active adults and retirees. “At First Presbyterian, you will meet people at many different places theologically and spiritually. And we love it that way. We want to be a place where our diversity brings us together More...