Title: Children’s Ministry Director
- Provide opportunities for the children of Marquette County to learn about God And His love for them.
- Provide a path for children to accept Jesus’ gift of salvation, and begin a life of obedience to Jesus as their Lord
- Provide ways for parents/guardians to help their children grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- To participate in the church’s mission of serving God by: Introducing people to Jesus; Instructing using God’s Word
- And Imitating God’s Love to the world.
Key Accountabilities & Key Activities
- Pursue personal spiritual growth and sound moral character as a follower of Jesus Christ, thereby
- Presenting the word of God in an attractive manner to those with whom you come in contact.
- Cultivate the spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of your own family.
- Regularly share your relationship with Jesus with those whom God puts in his life.
- Contribute to the unity within the body and leadership by active involvement in the decision-making process and support of the decisions of the leadership.
- Continue in professional development through training, reading, and seminars.
- Accountable to God, family, elders and the Lead Minister.
- Develop and oversee a Children’s Ministry Leadership team, whose responsibilities include the development and implementation of Children’s Ministry programs.
- Develop a scope and sequence for Spiritual Formation for each age group from infancy through 5th grade.
- Develop a scope and sequence for Biblical parenting skills for parents/guardians with children from infancy through 5th grade.
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Leadership team to implement programs to include: outreach and spiritual formation programs, for children and their parents/guardians from infancy through 5th grade
- Recruit and train members of the Children’s Leadership team.
- Recruit and train teachers, workers etc… for all Children’s Ministry programs
- Work with Children’s Ministry Leadership team, Lead Minister and Elders in creation and implementation of short and long range plans for the Children’s Ministry.
- Communicate the vision and goals of Children’s Ministry to the congregation
6. General Ministry
- Consult with and incorporate the other staff members and their ministries in your ministry.
- Assist with other areas of ministry and leadership, as needed.
- Complete an average of 40 hours of work per week.
- Develop positive relationships with the staff and members of the church body.
- Participate in staff meetings and a weekly meeting with the Lead Minister.
- Promote the Children’s Ministry of LSCC in the local Community
Minimum Qualifications (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with relevant experience or five years of full- time, paid ministry experience in local church setting.
- Degree and experience must have produced fruit revealing personal and professional growth and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public and possess solid one-on-one communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook and internet research) and IT prompters.
- God-directed and self-motivated.
- Variety of working environments, i.e. office, auditorium, class rooms, video venues, community and travel assignments.
- Heat, cold, accumulations of snow/ice with outside walking & vehicle travel
- The operation of a highway vehicle in adverse weather conditions in a safe manner
Essential Physical Functions:
- Some mental/physical fatigue from daily work.
- The use of cell phone, computer, IT Prompter.
- Capable of safely walking on snow/ice/wet surfaces.
Respond with Cover Letter, Resume, Philosophy of Ministry and Core Beliefs.
Respond to email@example.com