If your vision is to build a vibrant student ministry for Junior and Senior High students—and guide/influence a larger Family Ministry—in a stimulating, growing mountain city environment, consider the role of Family Ministry Director/Pastor at Springhill Church in Bozeman, Montana. If you are an independent, relational leader, who envisions students trusting Christ and then growing in biblical maturity, this position is definitely worth digging into its dreams.
Springhill Presbyterian Church is an evangelical, Reformed Church in the EPC denomination in Bozeman, Montana, a stimulating mountain city environment. The church has experienced explosive growth in the past few years. People have come from all types of backgrounds. Our mission is to “love people into a relationship with Christ.” This easily translates into Family and Student Ministry.
We have multiple staff members who are innovative, fast paced, and easy going. Our office environment is flexible and supportive. We aim to be a relational organic team. In fact, we all enjoy the outdoors together. Here’s contact information about the role:
Contact: Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Church office phone (406) 582-8000
Mission: Loving people into a relationship with Christ
Position Title: Assistant Pastor of Family and Student Ministry (ordained) or Director (nonordained)
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Classification: Full-Time (50 hours per week)
Benefits: As indicated in the Staff Handbook
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to establish and oversee strategies and direction for Junior and Senior High ministry as a spiritual and biblical leader who trains, empowers, and releases volunteer leaders for ministry. In addition the Family Ministry Pastor/Director facilitates the work of team members from the children’s and student’s ministries to assure that activities and training is offered for parents and family units. The Family Ministry Pastor/Director will be responsible for the alignment of this ministry with the overall mission, vision, values, and strategies of the church.
- He desires that students and families experience Christ’s Kingdom and become integrated with all ages in the church.
- He desires that nonchristian students in the community are consistently reached for Christ.
- He desires that students and parents are grounded in Scripture and are thus being transformed by Jesus.
- He desires to develop a vibrant, growing, relationally-based youth program.
- He desires to create safe atmospheres and opportunities in which students and families feel loved and accepted.
B. Student Ministry Vision and Strategies
- To develop and operate Christ-centered ministries for students in alignment with the overall vision and strategies of the church.
- To communicate Student Ministry vision to students, parents, congregation and community so that all groups have an excited buy-in to the vision.
- To establish objectives, goals, and action plans for the Student Ministry in alignment with overall plans of the church. The Student Ministry Pastor/Director will lead activities that fit the best use of his leadership, strengths and gifts; he will depend upon volunteer leaders to sustain other responsibilities. These strategies will include (but are not limited to):
1) To engage students in the corporate worship of the church.
2) To create worshipful activities that captivate students into a relationship with God and lead them into a transforming relationship with Christ.
3) To develop training opportunities to help students learn to lead worship themselves.
1) To teach the Bible with relevance and clarity in both Junior and Senior High programs.
2) To engage students in age appropriate equipping/discipleship opportunities which are essential for spiritual growth and missional living (i.e. biblical character, knowledge, and skill).
3) To train students to be leaders in their church and community.
1) To engage nonchristian students with the gospel.
2) To identify and develop missional opportunities to engage students in missional living.
3) To partner with other like-minded student ministries to accomplish missional vision.
1) To offer loving care to students who may struggle with difficult issues, even referring them to care-giving resources.
2) To offer loving care to parents who may struggle with difficult issues with their son or daughter, even referring them to care-giving resources.
C. Family Ministry Facilitation
- To serve as the facilitator for a team of staff—perhaps including key volunteer leaders—to plan and coordinate activities for parents and families together. This allows Springhill to have an overall family ministry approach.
- To coordinate and lead family experiences in the church ministry plans.
- To work along with other staff members to develop training opportunities for parents.
D. Volunteers and Parents
- To recruit and equip volunteer leaders to guide the spiritual development of the ministry’s youth.
- To shepherd the volunteer leaders so they themselves are growing like Christ with their own giftedness in God’s church.
- To execute communication processes for informing parents about student ministry direction and seeking routine feedback.
E. Financial Management
- To develop and manage annual budgetary obligations for family and student ministry that align with the church’s mission, vision, and values.
- In the spirit of stewardship, to manage fundraising and expenses within approved budgeted parameters and monitor spending at least monthly.
F. Other duties
- To nurture his own relationship with God.
- To work in a team environment with cooperative and healthy relationships, respecting other members’ giftedness and unique abilities.
- To assist with the communication of the overall vision and goals of the church.
- To assist other staff members in areas of teaching and personnel management (i.e. volunteer development, hiring process, disciplinary situations, etc.).
- To provide pastoral care to SPC families.
- To continue personal development through available training opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Family Ministries—Children’s Ministry Wins
- Children are excited to come to church.
- Children connect with adult leaders.
- Children learn the Bible.
- Children’s areas are clean, safe, friendly, and nurturing.
Family Ministries—Student Ministry Wins
- Students are excited to return to youth group—as a fun, safe, friendly environment.
- Students invite friends every week.
- Students connect with adult leaders.
- Students affirm that they learn and apply the Bible.
- Students share the gospel with other students.
- Students decide to be involved in a greater “Mission.”
Profile. The person who is best suited for this position will exhibit the following:
- Adherence to the evangelical and reformed faith, demonstrated in his regular spiritual walk.
- Bachelors Degree in education, ministry or related field required. Master of Divinity degree preferable.
- Have knowledge of students’ developmental stages of life and their current culture in order to strategically choose and implement appropriate programming.
- Three years experience working in a student ministry setting is preferred.
- Loves to learn.
- Self-starter who can set and achieve goals.
- Empathetic, intuitive decision-making.
- Skills in organization, multi-tasking, problem-solving, task orientation (i.e. results-driven), and empowerment, combined with relational ability.
- Good team-building skills.
- Ability to work with a teachable heart, good attitude, flexibility and unity.
- Joyful sense of humor.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership and teaching are required.
Review: Ministry will be reviewed on annual basis.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Family MinistriesEcclesia Hollywood
- Hollywood, California
- January 22
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Springhill Presbyterian Church
Springhill Presbyterian Church is an evangelical church associated with the EPC denomination in Bozeman, Montana. The church has experienced explosive growth in the past eight years. People have come from all types of backgrounds. Our vision is 'that all may come to know and enjoy God, His world and each other through Jesus Christ.' Our core values are: the Bible, persistent prayer, joyful worship, genuine community, enthusiastic evangelism, fearless engagement and service. We have multiple staff members who are innovative, More...