Alliance Bible Fellowship April 2016
Title Executive Pastor
Supervisor The Executive Pastor will be a member of the pastoral staff and reports to the Senior Pastor.
Purpose The Executive Pastor serves the Senior Pastor in such a way that complements the Senior Pastor to allow him to work within his gifted strengths. The Executive Pastor is not a successor or a Senior Pastor-in-training. He loves second place and is content to lead primarily from behind the scenes.
- A committed Christian with a vital and growing walk – a man who himself is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of discipleship and worship.
- Education – An undergraduate degree in Bible or seminary degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree or experience in business, managment or other related field is recommended.
- Experience/Skills – Minimum of 5 years experience in leading and working with teams, strong administrative and organizational skills and gifts, persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – A man who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- In agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement, the Expanded ABF Doctrinal Statement, and a willingness to be licensed or ordained by The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Executive Pastor will serve as Chief of Staff, supporting and supervising the full time pastoral staff and ministry directors.
- Will lead in aligning staff and leadership teams with the ABF mission objectives established by the Elder Board.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor for discipleship, prayer and planning.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of ABF Community Groups (Adult Sunday School Classes) and Life Groups (Small Groups).
- Implement the High-Impact Volunteer Structure within his ministry teams.
- Attend the Elder Meetings to bring updates and input for the church’s progress.
- Commit to the vision and become creatively involved in its development.
- Develop the leadership structure of the church and oversee its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Commit to excellence in all aspects of the ministry.
- Commit to mobilizing and coaching, so that the ministry remains in the hands of the people (Ephesians 4:12).
- Lead the staff in close consultation with the Elders and Senior Pastor.
- Set and track specific, measurable goals to insure that the vision is being achieved.
- Equip Ministry Leaders for leading their Ministry Teams.
- While the Senior Pastor builds relationships, mentors and presents vision in the Leadership Team meetings, the Executive Pastor creates the agenda and leads the remainder of the meeting to implement the vision.
- Streamline job descriptions, communication and authority paths that maximize personal creativity, strengths, efficiency and effectiveness, while minimizing bureaucracy.
- Oversee the launching of new ministries that the Lord raises up, insuring they are consistent with the Church's vision, values and purposes.
- Direct the hiring of staff and also the formal procedure in dismissing or repositioning of staff.
- Handle personnel conflicts and troubleshoot program and ministry challenges.
- Establish church policies and procedures that effectively facilitate the vision.
Work Time The Executive Director/Pastor will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill his responsibilities. He will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours, so as to be available to the body in general.
He will be on call as necessary for pastoral emergencies.
Benefits The Executive Pastor will be provided benefits, to include vacation, absences, health insurance, sabbaticals, retirement accounts, etc. in accordance with established church policies.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
Adult Ministry PastorBrandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Wilmington, Delaware
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27
Associate PastorPathway Christian Church
- Harlan, Indiana
- September 27
Alliance Bible Fellowship
At Alliance Bible Fellowship we are committed to being a place where you can experience community and have the opportunity to explore a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We are called by the grace of God, for the glory of God, to become and multiply fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.More...