Strathmore Alliance Church
Lead Pastor Requirements
The Lead Pastor for Strathmore Alliance Church will have a minimum 5 years full time pastoral experience and be a community builder, both of the congregation and among the surrounding town. Strathmore Alliance Church strives to be a community based on the
expositional preaching and teaching of the Bible leading to a life committed to living and proclaiming God as our Lord and Shepherd.
The Lead Pastor will have the following traits and responsibilities:
- Expositor of the Word, believing in the inerrancy, authority and sufficiency of the Bible.
- A passion for and commitment to the study of God’s Word.
- Effectively communicates the Word to a multi-generational congregation.
- Performs the majority of the preaching but oversees/develops preaching of others.
- Coordinates and/or oversees Sunday School and group Bible study teaching.
- Works well with an Elder led church board.
- Supports Strathmore Alliance’s present vision for missions.
- Leads and develops staff and ministry leaders.
- Recognizes, develops and utilizes the strengths of others within the body.
- Collaborates well with various personalities.
- Communicates clearly.
- Effective listener.
- Is organized, with attention to details.
- Capable of developing additional church structure as needed.
- Represents staff to the Elders Board and is responsible for staff performance.
- Provides monthly pastoral reports to Elders board.
- Assists Elders Board in determining the spiritual direction and education of the church body.
- Works with Elders Board and Finance Committee in developing the budget.
- Has a demonstrated love for people.
- Has a shepherd’s heart for our community.
- Provides pastoral care to staff, Elders Board, and the church body.
- Ability and willingness to provide visitation to those in need.
- Officiates at weddings and funerals.
- Able to lead the congregation to the next level of outreach in our local community/area.
- Humble, recognizing God’s work in everything.
- Committed to regular and diligent prayer.
- Hospitable and approachable.
- Demonstrates a Godly life.
- Lives in and participates in the Strathmore area community.
Strathmore Alliance Church has been a visible presence in Strathmore for more than 50 years. It has a multi-generational congregation with a strong seniors group, vibrant children/youth ministries, and everything in-between. Our worship style is one with
a mixture of old and new, traditional and contemporary. The preaching and teaching is Christ-centered and cross-centered, based in the exposition of all (Old and New Testament) of God’s eternal Word. We are a conservative body and hold a Biblically prescribed
complementarian view regarding ministry. Our Sunday mornings begin with Sunday School for all ages 2 & up, followed by a family service for all ages. A nursery and children’s church is available for ages 0-6 during the service.
Strathmore Alliance Church believes in God’s command to proclaim His Word and supports missions in countries such as Mexico, Malaysia and India. We also recognize the world’s need in our own country and our church is blessed to have been involved in church
plants in two nearby communities. For more information please visit www.strathmorealliance.com .
Strathmore is a community of over 13,000 people about 30 minutes east of Calgary. It is a community of contrasts with big city amenities and a small town atmosphere. Situated amidst the heart of farming and cattle country it also contains a diverse industrial
base and is a bedroom community for many of the major Calgary businesses. The Rocky Mountains are just a short drive away to the west, while the Bow River flows minutes away to the south.
The community is evenly spread among all age groups with the median age being 35 to 45 and a large number of families. Primarily working within Strathmore or the Calgary area, the majority of the population have at least a trade or college diploma. For
more information please visit www.strathmore.ca and www.strathmore.ca/census .
Please send resumes to: Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Application deadline:July 28, 2016*
*or until a suitable candidate is found