DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Position Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Position Hours: Full Time
Position Reports to: Pastor for Spiritual Growth
Direct Reports: Nursey Ministry, Children’s Ministry Assistant
A director position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Children’s Ministry including infants through fifth grade. Will enthusiastically implement the vision and values throughout the ministry. Will keep before
the church body, staff, and leadership a vision for families to come to know God, grow in their relationship with God and show God in the community where they live, work, and play. Will provide an atmosphere, training, and resources that will enable parents
to be the primary spiritual trainers of their children.
• Implement and articulate Cornerstone’s strategy and program structure for Children’s Ministry.
• Articulate Cornerstone’s vision to ministry staff and volunteers.
• Keep current with innovations in children’s and family-focused ministries.
• Serve as an advocate for Children’s Ministry before staff, congregation, and elders.
• Develop and direct relational, engaging ministries to children.
• Equip parents with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
• Develop and direct children and family outreach opportunities through family and community leaders.
• Provide families with intergenerational service opportunities.
• Develop regular opportunities for children to worship and learn with their parents.
• Create a safe environment for children.
3. Leadership and Recruitment:
• Lead and equip teachers, greeters, and other volunteers in the Children’s Ministry.
• Facilitate an effective educational model (infra-structure) to serve the families of Cornerstone.
• Provide teacher training and teacher/volunteer appreciation events.
• Recruit and train capable volunteers to lead in all areas of Children’s Ministry.
• Lead in interviewing and screening volunteer applicants.
• Lead in curriculum training for each age group as well as for camps and special events.
• Plan and provide for the security of children and teachers (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening for protection of children, first-aid, CPR training).
• Assist and participate in budget development, implementation, and accountability.
5. Shepherding and Parental Training:
• Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus.
• Provide children and family direct pastoral care as appropriate
• Provides resources that help parents to be spiritual leaders at home.
• Train parents to understand their role and responsibilities biblically.
• Communicate regularly with parents about what children are learning.
• Coach parents and children privately on specific issues in their family.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ministry experience that includes working closely with families and children.
• Proven leadership and management skills.
• Strong relational and team building skills.
• Strong presentation and teaching skills.
• Strong written communication skills
• Organizational skills for growing, mobilizing, and maintaining a strong and effective team and program.
If you meet these requirements and think God is leading you to this position, we want to hear from you! Please forward a cover letter and resume to Emily Ferbezar, Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, PO Box 23603, Overland Park, KS 66283 or email a cover letter
and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.