Apply at SouthFellowship.org/jobs
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to South Fellowship Children’s Ministries.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of South Fellowship Church.
• Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
• Embrace and utilize technology in a changing environment to serve the safety and growth of the
children at South Fellowship.
• Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
• Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry Staff (currently two part-time
• assistant directors).
• Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group. teaching environments (2 years – 5th grade).
• Recruit and oversee all children ministry volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
• Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetically pleasing early childhood learning environments.
• Oversee childcare for all-church events and special events as directed.
• Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
• Meets regularly with the Executive Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
• Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
• BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar field.
• Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries.
• Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
• Experience in designing and developing Children’s Ministry programs.
• Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
• Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see
families grow in their faith together.
• Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with South Fellowship’s Children Ministry.
Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, ETC).
• Reports to the Executive Pastor.
• Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
• Receives consistent leadership training from Executive and Lead Pastors.
• Works closely with all areas of ministries within South Fellowship Church.
All employees of South Fellowship Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. South Fellowship Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of South Fellowship Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will. Only the Senior Pastor of South Fellowship Church has the authority to make any such agreement and then only in writing.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
South Fellowship Church
South Fellowship Church is a growing, 35-year-old, non-denominational Christian church located in Littleton, Colorado. Our mission is to glorify God by making disciples through: gospel transformation, life-giving community, and visible faith. We are an outward focused group of followers of Jesus who are convinced of the goodness of the gospel and we long for others to know Him.
South Fellowship Church is non-traditional in the sense that the building we meet in (and own) used to be a strip mall. On one end of the facil More...