TITLE: TECHNICAL PRODUCTION DIRECTOR
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME – Director
COMPENSATION: Salary & FT Benefits
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
LifeAustin is a rapidly growing church in Austin, Texas. With a beautiful campus, incredible facilities, and an incredible team, we are building a multi-site church that will both attract people, and help transform lives.
The purpose of the Technical Production Director is to oversee all aspects of technically producing LifeAustin’s Weekend services, concerts, conferences and other events on the Main campus and future area off-site locations so that we can pursue our vision to bring transformation to lives, families, and communities through the power of Jesus Christ. Also, to build and lead a process of equipping believers to do ministry, and experience ministry on our Dream Team. He/she is also directly responsible for ensuring the function, operation, and repair of all technological equipment in a timely manner.
- Provide Audio/Visual/Lighting technological guidance within the organization
- Consult with administration, department managers, and manufacturing representatives to exchange information, present new approaches, and to discuss equipment/system upgrades, repairs, or changes
- Participate in specification and vendor contract negotiations for all new AVL equipment and services purchased for the church
- Create and maintain an annual Tech. Production departmental budget
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the Technical Production department
- Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the church’s ministry objectives.
- Serve as primary troubleshooting and management contact for audio, video, and lighting systems, including: updating hardware, software, and equipment firmware; regularly cleaning and maintaining projectors and other equipment; loading and programming content for services and events; and managing Dream Team members involved on the Production team
- Manage and oversee operation of all production (AVL) equipment in distributed systems on campus.
- Serve as primary manager of all aspects of Production Dream Team, including recruitment, training, scheduling, ministry relations, leadership development, appreciations, social events, and database management
- Serve as direct staff advisor to oversee production teams and equipment
- Organize, schedule, and attend regular training sessions for potential Dream Teamers
- Create a system of leadership development to cultivate and train potential production Dream Team leaders, equipping them to win in any LifeAustin venue
- Provide A/V support as needed for classes, group meetings, weddings, memorials and other special events
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Build relationships with a stable of competent local tech professionals to outsource coverage of key positions as needed for special (paid) events
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Positive, enjoyable, “whatever it takes” attitude
- Heart of a servant - this is more than a job.
- High-capacity, multi-tasking individual who is comfortable working independently without constant supervision
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Demonstrate loyalty to the vision of the team and church
- Demonstrate commitment to spiritual and professional growth.
- Ability to work well with others, cultivate a team-building atmosphere, and nurture relationships with co-workers and Dream Teamers
- Ability to manage busy and varied calendar of events, task list, and personal work schedule without supervision
- Ability to perform job requirements in high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to work nontraditional hours on nights and weekends as needed
- Willingness to work in, and understand the intricacies of a ministry-conscious environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems quickly
- Ability to build teams and surround self with those whose strengths offset your weaknesses
- Able to collaborate with other Tech professionals to achieve system-wide goals
- High degree of emotional maturity and security. No “turf-guarding” allowed.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a technology team in a large-church Staff-role
- Must have strong leadership instincts and a proven track record of leading high quality individuals
- Must possess expertise in aligning and leveraging technology for the advantage of the church
- Must possess strong life-giving relational & management skills
- Strong technology and business acumen
- Must be able to create and manage change
- Ability to recruit, develop and retain high quality volunteer teams
- Hands-on expertise at every position in the AVL chain, from pre-production planning, to live event production, to video post-production and all-in-between.
- Degree in Audio / Visual Engineering or related field of study
- 3-5 years of leading a tech team in a large church setting
- Touring experience or Venue experience in professional settings with nationally recognized artists or shows (i.e.; Vegas or Branson, etc.)
- Ability to proficiently run sound, lights, video at an ‘expert’ level and train & release others to do the same
- Strong knowledge and abilities in all aspects associated with live production, recording of audio and video, video sermon-capture, video-streaming, including associated software, hardware and systems integration
- Experience in music studio production, FOH audio mixing, and video production
- Has a team-oriented attitude and track record of building strong relationships with volunteers, staff and lay ministries
- Attend weekly Production meetings
- Attend weekly Worship Team rehearsals with full Tech team for Sunday prep
- Availability to attend meetings (when necessary) outside of normal office hours
- Advance all systems in preparation for Sunday morning (and other) services or gatherings
- Professional attire and presentation conducive to representing Jesus, LifeAustin, and the Team in a manner appropriate for the setting.
JOINING THE TEAM CULTURE
Buy-in to the LifeAustin strategy – This TRANSFORMATION strategy will serve as the foundation for spiritual growth and discipleship:
1) Awaken Spiritually through worshipping God. We live that out daily in our full devotion to Christ, and as we gather weekly for weekend worship experiences.
2) Connect in Authentic Relationships through Life Groups and Dream Teams. We encourage people to not just experience church services (seating in rows), but also build into relationships (circles) that are mutually beneficial for friendship, accountability, and communion.
3) Serve – LifeAustin and Beyond through facilitating ministry in the church, and through missional outreach. We desire to reach people who are far from Christ and to love them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This means intentionally investing in our local communities, starting new campuses, birthing new churches, and sending out missionaries around the world.
Buy-in and Adherance to the 7 LifeAustin GUIDING PRINCIPLES
GRACE & TRUTH
We live and minister in the divine tension of a heart full of acceptance while holding firmly to a righteous standard.
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
We help others experience personal transformation through the Word (John 17:17), the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18) and daily living.
"And he said to all, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
We recognize, prefer and celebrate others as God's gift in our life. John 13:3-5, 1Corinthians 12:23
"Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." Romans 12:10
We are open to and acknowledge our flawed brokenness as fellow sojourners in need of God and the community of faith. Matthew 5:3-6, Hebrews 10:24-25
"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." James 5:16
We do the hard work to make every aspect of the church exceptional. Colossians 3:17
"A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. If the master returns and finds the the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward." Matthew 24:45-46
We think and act on the imaginative ideas of the Holy Spirit in all that we do - including the expression of art, dance, drama and music. Ephesians 2:10
"I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills - to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts." Exodus 31:2-5
We hold the gifts and treasures in our life as opportunities to be a blessing to others
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasures for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1 Timothy 6:18-19
NOTE: This job description is meant to be general in nature. Specific duties may be required that are not mentioned. Teamwork is a core value of LifeAustin and it is important to continue in that spirit. As our Church and ministry grows, other responsibilities may be required, adjusted, and/or added.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
AVL Technical DirectorMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 20
Audio Engineer / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19
Lighting Director / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19