NO CALLS – email resume to: SPRC6@HudsonFirstUMC.org
Part-time, salaried, 15 to 20 hours/week
Responsible for providing organ/piano/keyboard accompaniment for worship services. Rehearses with and accompanies choirs, soloists, and groups for all regular and special services/events. Coordinates music with other members of the church staff.
- Assist pastor & Worship Director in planning thematic services including appropriate music.
- Works with the pastor to provide music for weddings, funerals, and memorial services.
- Accompany rehearsals of choral groups – the principal rehearsal being 7pm Wednesdays.
- Incorporate different styles/genres for effective inter-generational worship.
- Serve on the Worship Committee attending and contributing to all meetings.
- Provide appropriate backup for planned absences.
- Available year round and during the week/weekend for weddings/funerals/special services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Worship Director.
- Able to play a Rodgers 950 organ in a large sanctuary with a wide range of instrumentation.
- Effectiveness in accompanying volunteers including soloists and groups with mixed skillsets.
- Comfort in communicating through voicemail, email, and text messaging.
- BA in Music or equivalent education plus experience
- Excellent sight reading.
- Comfort with piano and other keyboard instruments in addition to organ.
- Comfort with a variety of musical styles and genres.
- Comfort with using PC (music programs, etc.) and internet (YouTube, etc.).
- Deep personal commitment to a vital and growing faith in Christ evidenced by your lifestyle.
- Christian character evidenced by a life of prayer, spiritual discipline & participation in church.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission of the Church – making disciples.
- Commitment to the heritage, doctrine and social principles of the United Methodist Church.
- “Fits” (Character, Chemistry, and Competency) this church and staff.
- A team player who works well with church staff, leadership, members and guests.