The Creative Arts Pastor is responsible for creative use of the arts in support of weekly worship services and all other church ministry activities. This includes planning, design, and production of weekly adult worship services; overall support of all other
ministry areas in the use of the arts; and continuous improvement of arts capabilities in the church.
Essential Job Functions
- Candidate must consider themselves an artist and be highly skilled in one or more of the following areas.
- Worship leading, music, etc.
- Design, graphics, social media
- Video editing, filming, production.
- Plan, design, and produce weekly adult worship services with creativity, collaboration, and excellence.
. Develop with the Senior Pastor a creative process for all Hingepoint series.
- This will entail creatively branding Hingepoint series, organizing punch lists and deadlines, developing teams, communicating vision to other leaders, and being able to delegate responsibilities to volunteers, as well as outside contractors.
- Oversee the scheduling of all volunteers within the creative ministry of Hingepoint Church.
- Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support use of the creative arts in all areas of the church.
- Function as a specialist in the areas of music and creative arts, supporting all areas of ministry within the church.
- Recruit, train, equip, and direct musicians, vocalists, technical/creative artists in the production of weekly worship services and periodic special events.
- Provide creative arts support as needed in the production of all special events and other church activities. Act as the creative eye for our entire ministry. Be the gatekeeper for artistic quality control for every area of the church. You will be the final
say when it comes to whether a particular project gets the Hingepoint stamp of approval ie. print pieces, videos, worship sets, graphics, online content, written copy, etc.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for creative arts ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position prefers a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. However, extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted. The
successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess the passion and gifts required to develop and improve creative use of the arts, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.