POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME – Admin.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager / Business Pastor
LifeAustin is a rapidly growing church in Austin, Texas. With a beautiful campus, incredible facilities, and an incredible team, we are building a worship & creative arts ministry that will both attract people, and help transform lives.
The Receptionist will be responsible for answering all incoming phone calls, routing calls to the correct Pastor or Staff Member of LifeAustin, welcoming all guests & handling all package deliveries. He/she will be responsible for the first-impression
of LifeAustin guests – embodying the Guiding Principles in the way they interact with callers and guests. While at the Receptionist Desk, duties will include 1st floor security, keeping track of all incoming visitors and controlling their entrance
through the front doors, and the timely unlocking and locking of doors in accordance with operating hours.
Primary Responsibilities & Tasks (including but not limited to)
- Answer all incoming phone calls
- Route calls to correct pastor/staff
- Represent LifeAustin in a friendly, positive, & welcoming manner in all interactions
- Security of LifeAustin entrance – stay alert and aware of guests entering the building
- Monitor security cameras via computer program
- Sign for all packages and notify pastor/staff of the package arrival
- Post attendance in LifeAustinConnect of all weekly Bible studies and Life University classes
- Assist with various LifeAustinConnect data entry items for LifeAustin Pastoral & administrative staff
- Organize and clean front reception areas to keep a neat appearance and good first impression for our guests
- Insure that LifeAustin paid Staff are always present at Front Desk
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Experience in related Corporate and/or Large Church settings
- Computer proficiency MS Office & Web-based programs
- Preferred Education – Assoc. Degree (minimum) preferred, HS Diploma required
- communication skills - written and verbal
- customer-service orientation
- planning and organizing – detail oriented
- prioritizing of multiple tasks and deadlines
- problem assessment and problem solving
- information gathering and information monitoring
- attention to detail and accuracy
- flexibility and adaptability
- teamwork and fun
- high-tolerance for “chaos”, low tolerance for “drama”
NOTE: This job description is meant to be general in nature. Specific duties may be required that are not mentioned. Teamwork is a core value of LifeAustin and it is important to continue in that spirit. As our Church and ministry grows, other
responsibilities may be required and added.