Worship and Music Director
Full-time position with benefits
Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
Brandywine Valley Baptist Church is an evangelical Christian community, based in suburban Wilmington, DE, committed to helping people KNOW Jesus Christ, GROW in their relationship with Him, and GO into the world with Him. In this role, the Director of Worship and Music will use his/her musical talents, spiritual gifts, personality and passion to lead the worship team and the congregation in Gospel-centered worship of God.
- Baptized, follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior;
- Emphatically aligns with Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and has a strong track record of local church involvement;
- A worshipper. Proven track record of a vibrant, authentic and consistent personal walk with and worship of the Lord.
- Aligns with and supports the vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church;
- Models Christ-likeness and meets the qualifications of biblical leadership of 1 Timothy 3:1-7;
- Passion for developing spiritual leaders and for seeking excellence in ministry;
- Exercises spiritual disciplines;
- Promotes an attitude providing for a collaborative, team-driven; environment
- A problem-solver;
- An effective communicator;
- Able to think quick on their feet;
- Comfortable interpersonal skills, able engage and speak with congregants and other musicians.
- Maintains an appropriate level of confidence in front of a large congregation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading worship in a church/para-church context;
- Proficient organizational skills;
- Expertise in leading musicians and vocalists in a team/band environment (e.g. leading such contemporary worship environments vocally along with an instrument);
- Excellence and professionalism in their worship and leadership skill set. Ability to maintain a high standard of excellency for volunteers.
- Proficiency in both traditional and contemporary worship styles;
- A working knowledge of a/v and production equipment;
- A working knowledge of MediaShout and Planning Center Online.
- Design, implement, and execute worship and praise through music at the traditional and contemporary services weekly, encompassing the following:
- Working with the preaching team to develop contact points between the sermon and the other worship elements (scripture, music, testimony, video, etc.);
- Overseeing and partnering with the Worship & Music Pastoral Assistant (Traditional Choir) and Worship & Music Administrative Assistant.
- Identifying appropriate worship elements to incorporate into each service (traditional and contemporary);
- Assembling bands and teams of volunteers from within the congregation;
- Ensuring that worship elements have been incorporated and presented with an appropriate level of talented musicians and vocalists;
- Leading mid-week rehearsals as a part of the preparation for the following Sunday;
- Troubleshooting technical and musical challenges to provide solutions;
- Ensuring that the song choice and overall presentation of the service is put forth in a manner that flows well and which seeks to eliminate distraction.
- Recruit, train, and nurture leadership potential and musical ability.
- Steward the Worship and Music budget responsibly.
- Work with the production teams to strive for excellence and consistency.
- Develop and execute special seasonal corporate worship services.
- Reports directly to the Senior Pastor;
- Works with the Ministry Leadership Team for service planning;
- Oversees the Worship & Music Pastoral Assistant (Adult and Children’s Choir)
- Supported directly by the Worship & Music Administrative Assistant and several key volunteers in the traditional, contemporary and production teams.
- Regular interaction with individual congregants, deacons, etc.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Praise & Worship LeaderFamily Praise Center
- Vinita, Oklahoma
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1