The Pastor/Director of Youth Ministry will have the unique opportunity to care for, shepherd, lead, influence, teach and make known the Gospel of Jesus Christ to youth within our community. This individual will be a highly visible member of our campus ministry
team and instrumental in the development of our multisite community.
- Champion and embody the mission of the church - to develop followers of Christ - and the vision of our youth ministries.
- Lead, develop, and steward current ministry staff and volunteers.
- Work with the Director of Christian Education and Director of Student Ministries to coordinate and/or develop content to be taught throughout the year.
- Oversee staff and volunteer schedules.
- Plan and promote ministry events and meetings.
- Personally follow-up with new visitors and reach out to past visitors.
- Envision and plan outreach opportunities for our community and families, specific for our multisite community, along with providing support and direction for our one-church initiatives.
- Create a communication channel to inform and resource parents in their ministry to their children.
- Prepare monthly ministry reports.
- Continually recruit, train, and release leaders to engage in the lives of our children and students.
- Manage an annual budget.
- Most importantly, be present in the lives of our children, students, parents, and leaders. Seek opportunities to meet outside of scheduled ministry times to meet one-on-one or in small groups.
- A Bachelor's Degree and formal theological training is desired.
- A Follower of Jesus Christ who has a conviction to share Jesus with others.
- A Disciple-maker who has a passion for seeing youth come to know Jesus and intense desire to see them grow in Jesus.
- A Leader, this position will require someone with strong leadership skills who has the ability to recognize, mentor, and develop other leaders - students, volunteers, and staff who will report to them.
- Agreement with The Bible Chapel core values and beliefs.