Position: Children’s Ministry Director - Part Time With Housing – The Potter’s House Family Worship Center
- Strong Born Again believer in Jesus Christ that reflects a growing and mature relationship with Christ and a personal and public passion for God’s Word
- A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
The Children’s Ministry Director reports to the Family Pastor
Job Summary (Part-Time with Housing)
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for setting the tone and establishing an environment that is intentional in teaching and implementing Biblical principles. The primary responsibility of the Children’s Ministry Director is to develop and lead
an effective Volunteer Team that shares The Potter’s House Family’s vision of connecting children and their parents with God, each other and the world. The Children's Ministry Director also needs to ensure that this vision is translated into a creative, energetic
and fun instructional presentation that will inspire the Preschool and Elementary age children. This responsibility includes planning, researching and implementing the children’s curriculum, as well as recruiting and equipping volunteers with the tools necessary
to build relationships with families and their children.
- Create a welcoming, safe and irresistible environment for children to learn about Jesus while adhering to the Child Protection Policy.
- Lead the Children’s Ministry Team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing ministry for children birth – 5th grade that involves worship, discipleship, community and mission.
- Recruit, equip and support lay leaders for all aspects of the children’s ministry.
- Visit classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise.
- Teaches classes as needed.
- Provide leadership in the development and management of the children’s ministry budgets.
- Maintain consistent and regular communication with parents of children about all aspects of children’s ministry.
- Create and maintain a children’s ministry calendar of all events and activities.
- Coordinate the recruiting, hiring and scheduling of any paid child care workers to provide childcare for other events on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate weekly with the Family Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Part time (24 hours) flexible work schedule with primary work days being Sunday through Thursday.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred – Teaching Degree, Christian Education Degree, Children Ministries Experience, educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies or a related field
Salary compensation based upon education and/or experience. Full housing is included with position.
Appication Deadline - May 31, 2016
Please send resume and cover letter
Prospective Starting Date - August, 2016.