HPUMC Youth is a vibrant and growing ministry encompassing 7th-12th grade. We are in search of an experienced leader to give direction to the ministry by supervising our Middle School and High School Pastors, expanding the size and
quality of the ministry, and representing HPUMC Youth on the HPUMC Staff Leadership Team.
It is an exciting time at HPUMC, as we celebrate 100 years of ministry and experience a season of growth. HPUMC Youth has been growing for the past three years and is poised for more growth moving forward. We are in need of an experienced Youth Minister
who can cast vision for the ministry’s future, lead a team in implementing that vision and participating in ministry, and work well with students, parents, co-workers and volunteers.
HPUMC considers Family Ministries one of our church’s core priorities and we are committed to investing in the right individual to lead our youth ministry.
One Sentence Job Description: Help middle school and high school students become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- In collaboration with the Director of Family Ministries, cast a compelling vision for how HPUMC Youth will continue to help middle school and high school students become deeply devoted followers of Jesus Christ and keep staff, students, and volunteers working
towards that goal.
- Develop and implement plans for executing vision and goals.
- Define youth ministry parameters and standards, participating in ministry and guiding youth staff in their individual roles.
- Hire, train, mentor, supervise and develop Youth staff members. Lead the team (3 direct reports and 2 indirect reports) in a manner that encourages the core values for the Family Ministries team: personal devotion, the pursuit of excellence, no room for
ego, and trust.
- Sit on the HPUMC Leadership Team and represent the youth ministry in a professional manner.
- Work closely with parents to both equip them for ministry in their homes and engage them in the ministry of the church.
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteers for the work of relational ministry.
- Collaborate with HPUMC colleagues in joint projects.
- Manage department budget, and comply with other administrative requirements as needed.
We Require a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who feels called to youth ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment and supporting the mission of the church, with the following
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required; post-grad education and ordination a plus
- 5+ years in youth ministry or related field
- Experience in large church ministry
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in delivering powerful Biblical messages to youth regularly
- Good computer skills: email, social media, MS Office, other applications
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine; must be comfortable teaching it and representing the church
- High degree of initiative and accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills to understand, nurture, influence and engage with others
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to comfortably address groups both large and small
- Good organization skills
Working Hours: Office hours for this full-time position will be more regular than most Youth Ministry positions, given the primary responsibilities of vision casting and team leading. However, the position will require some early mornings, late
evenings, weekends, and mission trips.
Highland Park United Methodist Church is a high-performing, collaborative and fun work environment! We provide competitive pay, full benefit package and generous holiday schedule.
TO APPLY, please email all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying Youth in subject line:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Video (link or DVD) of a recent teaching
- Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement
No calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in HPUMC Youth!