North Way Christian Community is an interdenominational and multi site church of 4000+ members with five campuses in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Members come from various church backgrounds, but have found common ground in contemporary worship, biblical
teaching, and have a strong passion for following Jesus and for serving our community.
The Finance Director will help ensure ethical handling of church funds, bill payments, and property, ensuring all legal requirements are met. This position will also prepare and report on the budgets for the entire organization, to include both operating
and capital budget as well as additional budgets as appropriate. Responsible for the management of the accounting software program, to include training, maintenance, and security of the program.
Description of Responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate reports to all levels of the organization as assigned, requested and /or required
- Ensure the organization undergoes an annual independent audit of all financial dealings/records
- Ensure external compliance with all laws, guidelines and other appropriate areas
- Managing all contracts which obligate the organization, financially or otherwise.
- Ensure that the organization is properly and adequately insured.
- Partner with the Insurance company on all matters requiring the assistance/support of the insurance company. Research and compare benefits as well as ensure appropriate coverages for the activities of the organization.
- Responsible for the management of Stock account
- Prepare, establish, plan, obtain proper approvals, enforce adherence to budget and report variances on a monthly basis to Executive Pastor, Finance Committee and all Directors or others responsible for a budget area.
- Approve all payments, ensuring adherence to established and approved budget.
- Review coding for all journal and check entries to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Responsible for month end close and processing in a timely manner, to include preparing reports for Finance Council and Elder’s Council meetings
- Supervise Finance staff
- Prepare requirements for ECFA membership
- Oversee the processes and volunteers associated with the offering and count procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Proficiency along with a minimum five years’ experience with Quickbooks Accounting Software,
- Highly skilled in communication of financial matters; Experience in insurance, risk management highly preferred
- A working knowledge/understanding of legal guidelines and other factors in non-profit / church setting.
- Individual must be highly relational, people-oriented, high energy, possess a positive outlook, team player, quality driven.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products