St. Luke’s UMC is one of the largest United Methodist Churches in the U.S. with a membership of 6700. Started by a group of visionary leaders in 1953, St. Luke’s is an open community of Christians gathering to seek, celebrate, serve and share the love of
God for all creation. We envision being transformed by God and transforming the world into a compassionate, just, inclusive, Christ-like community.
The A/V Director’s role is to support internal worship experiences, ministry events, large outside rental groups, volunteer staff management, as well as maintaining in-house audio-visual equipment. This includes operating, maintaining, distributing, installing,
configuring, repairing, and upgrading electronic equipment while ensuring their optimal performance. The A/V Director serves under the direction of the Worship Producer in order to coordinate the Sunday morning production teams, with a specific focus on ensuring
quality sound mixing for all services. This position is part time at approximately 20-24 hours per week. (Hours may vary slightly)
- Oversee technical needs for all Sunday morning worship services (live sound, video and lighting)
- Coordinate with worship leaders (pastors, music directors) to identify weekly technical needs within worship; collaborate with producer to develop weekly worship script to communicate cues to volunteer teams.
- Coordinate with outside clients or vendors to determine audio-visual needs.
- Build ProPresenter display presentations for weekly worship services and events
- Design house and stage lighting appropriate for worship and event settings.
- Oversee video editing for webcast archive as well DVD/CD duplication.
- Research and remain current on technical products available, and keep the ministry as uptodate as allowed by the A/V Media budget.
- Ensure proper maintenance and functioning of A/V equipment throughout the church, including scheduling the repair and or replacement of faulty equipment as needed.
- Function as a Technical Coordinator in the tech booth for live production; ensuring issues are resolved quickly and with minimal negative impact on weekend services and special events.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience as a staff member in a Worship & Arts ministry or other related production support capacity.
- Possession of a BS/BA Degree in Audio Engineering, Film, Video Production, Graphic Design or related field is a plus.
- Self-starter, organized, and possessing the ability to see major projects through to completion, resolving issues as needed along the way.
- Strong, committed follower of Jesus Christ who embraces the mission of St. Luke’s
- Experience with setup and operation of analog and digital audio consoles, HD video paths and switching.
- Possesses a working knowledge of basic LAN/WAN architecture and related hardware including NICs, routers, bridges, and switches.
- Strong knowledge in ProPresenter, Photoshop, ProTools, Adobe Premiere Pro, Flash Media Encoder, and Microsoft Office applications. Proficient in PC and Mac OS Systems. ?
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.