The Connections Pastor is responsible for connecting people to Highpoint Community Church and to ministry through groups and serving opportunities.
The main responsibilities include pastoral leadership of:
Community Groups Ministry which includes Small Groups and Adult Ministries (Adult Ministries include Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Couples Ministry, Senior Adult Ministry, etc. They tend to be larger than
small group meetings and more event driven.).
Assimilation System including volunteer and growth systems/pathways.
First Impressions Ministry (First Impressions consists of ushers, greeters, hospitality, guest services, parking lot, security, and facilities and our guest follow-up process).
The Connections Pastor will need to have a shepherd’s heart, be a creative and strategic thinker, be highly organized and able to lead other staff and lay leaders, be able to raise up new leaders quickly, have a high capacity
for work with a positive attitude, and be a team player. Having a great sense of humor would be a plus too!
This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor. There is a part-time staff pastor who will report directly to the Connections Pastor.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Community Groups Ministry
1. Lead a team in the development and growth of strong small group and adult ministries fostering a sense of community as well as spiritual growth.
2. Develop a strategy that intentionally uses adult ministry groups as a way to move people into small groups and vice versa.
3. Oversee periodic churchwide campaigns (e.g., 40 Days of Purpose) in order to coordinate group ministry activity directly with a Sunday message series.
1. Lead a team in the development of a comprehensive Assimilation Process that includes Volunteer and Growth Systems the goal of which is to move someone from first time guest
to core member of our congregation and fully devoted follower of Christ.
· The primary objective of the Volunteer System(s) is getting people involved in ministry. It should be focused on working with existing ministry leaders with the goal of recruiting,
training, and placing 50% of Sunday attendance into some meaningful ministry position.
· The primary objective of the Growth System(s) is to develop pathways and resources that help people grow in three overlapping areas: spiritual growth, personal growth, and
leadership development. It should be coordinated with Small Group and Adult Ministries, as well as supplementing them with other growth opportunities such as C.L.A.S.S., Stewardship Development, Leadership Development, New Believer Classes, Water Baptism Classes,
First Impressions Ministry
1. Lead a team of
volunteers to serve in the First Impressions Ministry at weekend services as well as special events or other services.
· The First impressions Ministry
is responsible for creating an environment that welcomes first time guests and provides next steps toward connection and spiritual growth. The ministry includes the following teams:
Ushers, Greeters, Hospitality (Café), Guest Services, Welcome Center, Parking Lot, Security, and Facilities.
2. Responsible to ensure the church property is at its best, especially on Sunday, including oversight of adequate and clear signage throughout
the facility and on the property directing people to various venues, ministry activities, restrooms, etc. (Highpoint has a full-time Facilities Manager.)
3. Responsible to develop a follow-up process that ensures all first time guests are reached out to timely, have their questions answered timely,
are given come-back invitations, and have a great first time experience. The follow-up process should be coordinated with the Small Group Ministry and the Volunteer System to help get people connected and involved as quickly as possible.
1. Work with ministry leaders to develop and maintain annual Ministry Action Plans (MAPs), including budgets, for each area of ministry under your leadership to ensure continuous
improvement, growth, and alignment with the strategies and core values of Highpoint.
2. Develop plans for ongoing recruitment, training, and recognition of ministry leaders in every ministry under your leadership.
3. Integrate ministry activity announcements, promotional materials, and sign-ups under your supervision with our administrative staff, membership database, social media pages,
and other affected staff.
4. Serve as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, Sunday platform ministry, or other duties as needed.
· Holding or eligible to hold credentials with the Assemblies of God, and a willingness to do so, is a must (http://ag.org/top/about/credentials.cfm)
· Have a shepherd’s heart for people
· Be a creative and strategic thinker
· Be highly organized and able to lead other staff and lay leaders
· Be able to raise up new leaders quickly
· Have a high capacity for work with a positive attitude
· Be a team player
· Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel is a must
· Familiarity with Church Community Builder or other membership database is helpful
· Having a great sense of humor would be a plus too!
About Highpoint Church
Highpoint is a growing Pentecostal church on Florida’s Treasure Coast affiliated with the Assemblies of God. The church consists largely of families with children. We are located close to great Florida beaches and most of our congregation dress casual.
Our worship center was renovated about two years ago, but due to our growth in the last two years we in the process of expanding the seating capacity of our worship center.
Highpoint has a strong commitment to intentionally making disciples. So we expect every attender to participate in ministry, be committed to growing in Christ, participate in small groups, and help us reach out through local and foreign missions.