Part time Position 20 hrs / week
To establish an energetic and creative blended music program, bridging both traditional and contemporary styles inspiring worship for the glory of God.
Oversee all musical aspects of the weekly Sunday worship service to include:
- Selecting both contemporary praise songs and hymns
- Coordinating the performance of special music groups.
- Playing or supervise the playing of a pipe organ.
- Planning and/or directing performance of special music ensembles
- Directing congregation in singing as needed.
- Oversee preparation of visual presentation for Sunday worship service.
- Direct special music programs and/or seasonal services.
- Oversee maintenance and tuning of the organ and church piano.
- Annually assess the music budget to accomplish specified responsibilities.
- Strong profession of Christian faith committed to Reformed tradition, with a desire to serve the Lord with passion and leadership in a music ministry.
- Undergraduate degree in music with a high degree of proficiency in an instrument sufficient to lead a music team. (i.e. piano, guitar, etc.)
- Education in choral leadership, or equivalent experience.
- Possess proficient keyboard skills and solo voice.
- Experience in leading the congregation in worship.
- Able to use worship presentation software tools, power point /pro presenter.
- Good listener, self-motivated, strong relational skills, humble but passionate.