Woodcrest Chapel is looking for a Technical Director to provide leadership to their Staff and Volunteer Teams; equipping them to creatively using technology to communicate Biblical truth. The Technical Director will need to build best practices, systems,
and guidelines so that the production experience of Woodcrest is consistent throughout venues and campuses. Expertise in digital audio production, stage lighting, scenic design, and live video production is required. This is a position for someone who is a
strong, proven leader who is more excited by the success of their teams than their own individual contributions.
Experience with multi-site churches and broadcast video delivery is preferred.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee the Production Teams and Systems that execute Sunday Services and Events.
• Proactively consider how to best use technology for the church and maximize department resources.
• Lead, recruit, train, and mentor technical staff, interns and volunteer teams.
• Dedication to personal and spiritual growth; continuing technical education as well as leadership development.
• Provide spiritual friendship for team members: Know them, love them, celebrate them, and serve them.
Serve as point-of-contact to direct them towards growth opportunities.
• Participate in the planning and execution of worship moments using technology as a vehicle for storytelling.
• Serve as primary weekend service director.
Create and distribute (w/PA) the schedule for Production teams in a timely manner
Directly lead Stage Manager Team and Service Director Team
• Contribute to Creative Process
Come prepared to weekly Creative Team meeting with ideas to help creatively communicate the message.
Provide follow-up technical support for the ideas created in meetings.
Be solution oriented
• Provide Technical Support
Ensure systems campus wide systems are user friendly and are proactively maintained.
(Main auditorium, gym, studio, Kidcrest, and the Edge)
Job Skills and Requirements:
• An authentic follower of Christ and able to model core values of Woodcrest Chapel
• Able to articulate a call to seeker ministry and the creative arts.
• Passionate about discipling, mentoring, coaching, and developing others.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Heart to create a team environment and foster a sense of unity among team members.
• Self-motivated, self-directed team player
• A creative problem solver who puts ministry first. Providing support through win-win solutions.
• The ability to lead up.
• In depth system knowledge audio, lighting, video, projection and set design.
• Experience with video delivery over fiber/dedicated ISP streams, networking, & multisite church environments.
• Flexibility and understanding of ministry “seasons”