Department: Family Ministry at Jefferson campus of YNCC,
To provide comprehensive leadership and oversight for children’s ministry at Jefferson campus as well as promoting and establishing effective working partnerships with parents for the overall spiritual formation of their children.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pastoral staff leadership for children ministry, effectively carrying out the mission of the church, “To Lead people to Christ and Become like Him.”
- Oversees and executes an effective strategy for spiritual formation of the children and providing support for their families at Jefferson.
- Provide leadership to evaluate, select and develop the most relevant and biblically sound curriculum for all family ministries (birth through Elementary).
- Ministers to children and their families and build relationships with parents, children, and members of the congregation.
- Provides resources, equipping and support for parents to effectively nurture and impact their children for Christ.
- Identify, develops, supports, and equips the ministry volunteers to effectively minister to the children and families.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Interfaces and coordinates with the Pastoral staff and relevant Ministry Teams to deliver a comprehensive, holistic ministry of Christian Education and Formation to children and families.
- Develops relationships within the community that will strengthen the church's ministry to children and their families in the neighborhood.
- Oversees all special events within family ministries at Jefferson.
- Assist the Jefferson lead pastor in discipleship of the congregation and performing general pastoral duties.
- Serve in other ministry capacities as deemed necessary by the senior pastor.
Qualifications and Position requirements
- A solid, growing relationship with Christ.
- A commitment to the theology, mission and core values of YNCC.
- A commitment to an above-reproach lifestyle as described in 1 Tim. 3:1-7
- Heart and passion for children and their personal relationship with God
- Ability to work independently but execute within a team environment
- A willingness to learn and think outside conventional programs
- Ability to lead, motivate, train, and develop a large group of volunteers
- Experience working in or leading children’s ministry within church context.
- Advanced degree in children’s education from an accredited university; M.A. in Christian Education or M. Div.
Benefits include Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance and others per Personnel Manual.
- Pastor David Park