Vision: Our vision is summed up in three words: “Connect, Grow, & Serve”
Connect with God and Others in Worship
Grow In Christ by joining a group
Serve the Church and the World & be love with skin-on
Overview: The person filling this position has responsibility for and oversight of the entire music, worship, and Fine Arts ministries of the church. This person facilitates leading the congregation in worship; and pastors and oversees the
Worship Teams; Band; Technical Team (sound, lighting & graphics); Worship Choir; and Intercession Team. This person is also the staff liaison to our Television Production Team.
The Worship Pastor administrates “Planning Center” for scheduling and communicating, and maintains the database as new people are added or step down from the ministry. Uploads weekly countdown video, and sends lyrics to Tech Team for projection computer.
This person also needs the technical skill to work with “Easy Worship,” and “Garage Band.” Garage Band is used to make vocal parts available to singers and choir.
Our Goals for worship are simple:
- That Jesus Christ is worshipped at Evangel
- The congregation participates in that worship.
Our Worship Genre’ reflects Hillsong, Bethel, Gateway etc.
• Pray for, support, and be an extension of the vision and values of the Senior Pastor.
• Administrate, oversee, and facilitate leading the congregation in worship and all that it entails: song/music selection and convening and leading practice times for singers and band.
• Develop and schedule “special music,” for use during offerings and special occasions.
• Recruit candidates, hold auditions for, select, direct, and schedule the worship team(s) who will model worship and help lead the congregational singing.
• Train all persons in the choir and band to model worship for the congregation.
• Recruit choir members, and direct the choir who help model worship for the congregation.
• Recruit, hold auditions, and lead the band.
• Organize and prepare music which facilitates worship during altar calls and personal ministry times.
• Keep current with new materials, songs, composition, dramas, and technology.
• Provide pastoral leadership for the Technical Team: audio; video; graphics; & lighting.
• Along with the Sound Technicians, exercise sensitivity to the people in the audience as to the overall sound level of the praise and worship segment of the service.
• Help facilitate dramas put on by Children’s Church, the Youth Ministry, and other groups in the church.
• Manage the platform area.
• Be available to help with weddings and funerals as needed.
• Develop an annual budget for this area.
• Develop and oversee prayer and intercession ministry.
• Oversee the duplication/labeling/marketing of sermon CD’s
• Using Planning Center, develop a one-page “Service Schedule,” and in addition to singers and band, provide hard copies for Sound Technician, Graphic Display Operator, Television Director, and Pastors. This includes: Order Of Service, song selections, congregational
prayer, announcements, offertory, etc.) This is reviewed with the Pastors before each service.
• Additional duties as determined by the Senior Pastor.
- Work alongside other Evangel staff in planning, conducting, and evaluating ministry.
A born-again, Spirit-filled believer, walking in progressive sanctification and obedience to God’s Word. A tithe-paying member of Evangel. Well-groomed, a self-starter who works well with people. Someone who is organized and committed to integrity, excellence,
and innovation. If married, we expect the marriage to be in Biblical order, and that your spouse be supportive of your work in this place. It is expected that employees of Evangel and their dependent family members will attend regular and special church-wide
services of the church. This person is a leader of leaders, not just a doer. While he or she must have the core competencies and be able to perform all of the ministry responsibilities, the only way Evangel will see more people saved and discipled, is if this
person also has the ability to inspire volunteers, to delegate, and to build and maintain ministry teams.
Spiritual / Professional:
- Maintain a positive attitude and vision for yourself, the church, staff, board, and Senior Pastor.
- Develop a godly attitude and witness at all times.
- Work cooperatively and cheerfully with the members of the administrative and pastoral team.
- Work diligently. Your ministry requires four full days of service, in addition to Sundays and other service and meeting times.
- Arrive at church at least an hour before service begins, and plan to leave as the final saints depart. When possible, after services stand in the foyer to meet new guests and connect with the congregation.
- Abide in Christ (John 15:4).
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Hours: Forty hours per week, plus…
Vacation: Two weeks annually
To view Evangel Worship and our weekly television program visit: www.evangelag.org and click on the Media tab.
Please send resumes to LucyCranmer@Evangelag.org - or mail to Mrs. Lucy Cramner, Office Manager, Evangel, 2300 Old Bainbridge Road, Tallahassee, FL 32303. 850 385-1815